Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Another rainy run

Yesterday's run was sooo nice.  I really enjoyed it.  Unlike tonight's run, but I'll wait to talk about tonight and tell you about the battle with the hill.  I was able to run up it without stopping. *whew* However, I had to stop at the top and walk for a min.  Which is why on my goals I broke it up, running up hill and running the entire 3 miles.  You can find my goals here.  As soon as I'm done writing up this entry, I'm going  to go over and update them, including adding a little.

Chris and Damian looking for goldfish.
After running my normal three miles yesterday I got home and Chris said he wanted to go for a walk.  I will ALWAYS say yes to a walk with Chris.  He has gained quite a bit of weight and he has heart problems in his family.  He's already been to the ER due to breathlessness and his heart skipping beats, plus he has high blood pressure (he's only 34 and this was 3 years ago).  He was told to lose weight and to quit smoking.  He finally is working on his smoking now, but I think he's gained weight since that scare.  He told me the other day after I got home from my parents' house that he needs to lose weight because he now has to hold his breath in order to tie his shoes.  Needless to say, I'm worried and I will go for a walk with him whenever he wants.

Tonight . . . yeah, I didn't want to run.  It's been raining all day, and I had a dentist appt late afternoon, so I knew my run would be late.  I decided to skip it.  Then Chris came in and said it stopped raining, so I thought that must be God's way of telling me to go running, so I did.  It was hard and now my shins hurt a bit (I'm going to the local run shop tomorrow to ask about shoes). It didn't rain until after I got home, so that was nice.  I was thinking during my run that I'd really like to get my usual 3 miles under 33 min.  I seem to be stuck at that time.  I was going to add it to my list of goals when I got home.  I really pushed myself the last mile this time and came in at 31.58.  Wow!  So I added to my goals to run it under 30 min. 

Tonight's run. Fabulous!
I think the hardest part of going for a run is getting off the couch.  I've seen that saying on Pinterest, and I completely agree.  I get home and have to feed Maddox (I'm still breast feeding him), so I get very comfortable and then somedays (like today) I just DON'T want to get up.  I just want to stay on my butt and grow roots. 

I have been running 6 days a week (for the most part) for 5 1/2 weeks now.  I can't believe it's been that long, and at the same time it seems like forever.  I want to do this for the rest of my life.  I enjoy it and love the way it makes me feel.  I'm trying to decide if I really want to get into races.  I'm doing this Tulip Run Walk with my sister this weekend, but I don't know if I'll enjoy racing.  I guess I'll see how I enjoy the Tulip Run Walk.
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I always want to snack in the evening.  Last night was bad.  I chew a lot of gum to combat that desire.  I think it helps.  :-)  It's a good thing my dentist said my teeth are fine, I don't know what I would do if I was told not to chew gum anymore. 

P.S. If you look at the picture above of Chris and D, you see the line of trees in front of them? Well, the trail follows that line of trees up the hill and around a corner.  That is the gradual part of the hill that leads to my Horrendous Hill.  I have to run up the gradual part in order to get to HH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment