Monday, April 9, 2012

House of sickness

I have a house full of sickies . . . Damian has had a cough for a while and today he was sent home early because he was coughing so bad. Maddox has had a runny nose for a couple of days and this evening he's been crying constantly.  Chris hit his knee very badly and has been limping around now for a week or so.  I am the only one that is not sick.


Today was another beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest.  Yesterday we hit 72 degrees, which is a record for this area.  Today I saw a bank sign that said 72, but I don't think it was accurate, that particular sign is usually several degrees warmer than the true temperature.  However, I did not go running today.  Instead I got my nails done.  :-)  I figured I could use a rest day since my legs are still very sore from the 5 mile Tulip Run on Saturday and then my normal 4 mile run yesterday.

I don't have a set rest day.  Damian is so busy with all his sports so I figure whatever day is busiest is the day I won't run.  Today wasn't busy because of the sickies, but I really wanted my nails done and I am really sore.

I love how my clothes are fitting.  I've been wearing some old skirts that I haven't worn in a while.  It isn't that I am down any sizes, it's more that I quit wearing them because they didn't have the stretchy quality that most of my jeans have so they were too snug. 

I look forward to my run tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Stay healthy! The weather here is gorgeous too, I can't wait to be able to wear some of my "old" skirts. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really don't want to get sick. It is sooo much harder to get back into the swing of things after being sick, I think.

      Delete