Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sick baby

Maddox's running nose turned into a cough.  Which has turned into a week of not much sleep for Mommy.  Maddox wakes up in the middle of the night coughing and has a hard time falling back asleep, so I end up holding him on the couch so he can breath easier.  This translates to me being very, very tired. 

Last night Chris had a friend over, they do it every Wednesday switching houses (Chris works 4/10's and has Tues-Thurs off).  Last night was our turn, I don't mind it.  The guy is nice and Chris doesn't have a lot of friends, so I'm happy he gets to hang out with someone regularly.  Last night they decided to go to a bar and play pool, once again, I don't mind.  What I do mind is Chris pounding on the door at midnight because he didn't bother to take a key with him.  I'm already not sleeping well because of Maddox and then I'm awoken by the dog's crazy barking.  I almost left Chris out on the porch, but decided I didn't want to listen to the dog all night.

Today when I got off work I was soooo tired, and it was raining, so I decided not to go for a run.  I find myself feeling guilty when I don't run.  However, I feel think I need to get out of that.  I run because I like to, not because someone tells me to, or is forcing me.  I'm not training for anything, I just want to go running, so if I don't, that is my choice and I don't have to feel guilty about it at all. 

I have several exercise type things in my house, and I never use them.  I have a couple "games" for the xbox, and a stepper that I quit using when I started running so I decided that I needed to break out Just Dance for the xbox.  :-)  I think it's a lot of fun and I don't ever do it, plus Damian can join in and Chris does occasionally. 

Tomorrow's my official weigh-in.  I'm dreading it.  I had a good weight earlier in the week, but I was up to 169 this morning.  Hopefully 170 stays far, far away.  But I'm sure I'll see it in the morning.  I really hate that number.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear your little guy is sick...that is rough. I hope you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete