Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tulip Run

So the Tulip Run Walk was fun.  My sister and I walked the whole 5 miles.  (She's not a runner.)  We made good time, we did it in 1:28.  However, Nancy got a blister just before the half way mark and we had to stop two times to try to fix it and I had Maddox strapped to my chest.  He's small for his age, but 17 lbs is still a lot of weight after 5 miles.  I have never run 5 miles, so I don't know if I could do the whole thing at a run.  My normal run is about 3 miles, with some major uphill, I think I could run a 5K no problem, as long as there were no big hills. 

I was on the Tulip Run website and saw our results, we were 4th and 5th from the end.  :-)  BUT we were not last.  I looked at the times of the groups of people that we were in front of us before we had to stop for Nancy's blister and they were at 1:21. We were pretty far in front of them, so I'm thinking if we hadn't had to stop, we could have made 1:20 or better.  Oh well.


Trail pic taken from tuliprun.com
There was a older gentleman in front of us at the beginning that had ski poles to help him run.  Looking at him we put him at 60 or so years old, looking at the results online, he was 83 and did it in 1:18.  That's great time for an 83 yr old!  I was extremely impressed with him. 

I'm pretty bummed that I took zero pictures.  I went and looked at the course photos, and wouldn't you know, Nancy and I and the group that was behind us did not get our pictures taken at the finish.  I am very bummed about that, and Nancy and I did not have anyone at the finish to take pictures.  Oh well. 

After our run walk, we went to Olive Garden for soup and salad.  That was delicious.  Soup and salad at Olive Garden is so hard to stop eating.  But I did, I had one bowl of soup and two plates of salad . . . and two breadsticks.  I was pretty tired when I got home, so took a nap.

I hope you all have a great Easter.  We are not doing anything except church.  Chris works on Sundays and doesn't really get holidays off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment