Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I get to use the word fartlek . . .

Damian finally had his first baseball game today.  He normally plays catcher, however, for whatever reason tonight he was in the outfield.  I was sitting there watching the game when one of D's teammates says to his stepdad "remember when you called me nothing?"  There was a pause, I couldn't see him, but can't you just see the guy looking around guiltily to see who heard?  Then the stepdad says "I didn't call you nothing, I said you're nothing compared to me."  What kind of person says that to a kid?  You know what the kid hears?  Exactly what D's teammate said he heard "you're nothing."  I am too nice, I wanted to punch that guy and tell him to treat his kids more respectfully and that he is nothing, however, I did not.  Unfortunately, I have to listen to this guy for D's entire season. 

I decided to try to work on increasing my speed.  I did fartlek's . . . or at least my version of fartlek's. I didn't run fast for very long, I tried to increase the distance the farther in my run I went, but they were pretty short.  The entire run was a minute faster than my usual time, 32 min instead of 33 and I definitely feel the extra effort in my shins tonight. 

I forgot to weigh myself this morning.  I read somewhere that contrary to what most diet plans out there, you should weigh yourself daily to see what your body is up to.  I don't know if that's true, but it seems to coincide with my obsession with the scale lately. I am only using Friday weigh-ins as my official weight. Anyway, I decided to weigh myself after my run this evening.

Surprise, surprise, I am down to 167 again (I realize there's a .6 there, but 167 sounds better, don't ya think).  I had to take a picture to have proof that I really go down that far.  I'm sure by tomorrow morning (or at least Friday morning) I'll be back to 170.  In fact, I decided to weigh myself after my shower, and I had gained 1.2 lbs in the shower.  Interesting. 

That's a much better picture of my feet than those horrible ones of my blisters.  :-)




1 comment:

  1. Congrats ont he weigh in! And I like your sparkly toenail polish!

    ReplyDelete