Friday, April 20, 2012

Bye, bye 170

Yay, Friday! 

I like Friday's, it's the end of the week, and I only work a half day.  Today was a nice day, not real warm (I do like the heat), but sunny for most of the day.  It's tulip season here.  Mt. Vernon is a farming community, and it's biggest crop are tulips. I love flowers, however I do not love the traffic that comes with the Tulip Festival (all of April). 

 I went for my regular run and enjoyed every minute of it.  I was thinking while I was running that I haven't really enjoyed my runs lately and I wasn't sure why.  I think I've been concerned about what I SHOULD be doing when I run and not just running because I enjoy it.  So today I enjoyed it.  It was nice.  And I ran pretty fast.
Today was my weigh in.  I am down to 168.8 (again). I hope that last week is the last time I see 170, but I seem to go up and down all the time, so I doubt it. 




2 comments:

  1. I live near you (maybe 30 minutes south, but close enough) and I forgot that the tulip festival was this month! I wanted to go, but I don't think I'll be making it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading your blog today (I'm soooo busy at work) :-) And saw a comment you made about going north to Mt. Vernon to get new shoes.

      The Tulip Festival is fun, but very crowded on the weekend. I suggest going in the middle of the week if possible.

      Delete