Sunday, July 22, 2012

Still hurt

My leg has felt really good yesterday and today.  I have been happy that it felt so good.  It felt so good today that I thought I would head out on a run and see how it goes.  I went about half a block and knew I couldn't got for a run.  Instead of just turning around and heading home I decided to go around the block.  Not my smartest move, and all because I didn't want the neighbors to see me turn around right away. 
 
I got home and did another 45 min on my stepper.  I break a sweat on that thing, but it's nothing like running, I almost feel like I didn't get a workout in at all.  It's low impact though and that is all I can do right now.  After doing the stepper and sitting for a few min my leg stiffened up and once again I could hardly walk.  I know it wasn't the stepper that made it stiff, it was the damn run.  0.45 miles and I was barely able to do that.

 
I told Chris what I did and he yelled at me.  He told me I should listen to him and keep off my "damn leg" so it will heal.  I hate it when he's right.  He's often right.

So I've been thinking about how I was on a pretty steady losing streak for several weeks.  I wasn't losing much weekly, but I was losing consistently.  Here is what I did then . . .
  • ran 3-4 miles 5 days a week
  • Zumba 2 times a week
  • green drink every work day (my favorite recipe is spinach, vanilla almond milk, blueberries and cinnamon mixed in a blender)
  • 1-minute muffins topped with Nutella
  • kept my alcohol intake down to 1 (sometimes 2) glasses of wine every other night
  • For 2 weeks I did 100 sit-ups everyday and for about a week I did push ups every day
So I guess I need to go back to doing these 5 things, plus watch what I eat better.  I noticed that the last time I weighed 165.6 was May 11th.  It took me that long to lose the 3.6 lbs, and one week to put it back on.  I was hoping getting back into my routine would cause it to fall fast, but I have been pretty steady at 165.6 for the last 3 days.  I guess I really haven't been back into my routine because I haven't been able to run, and it's the weekend.  I'm not as good at what I eat on the weekends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment