Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rain, rain go away, don't come back another day . . .

Do you know why western Washington is so green and pretty?  Because it rains ALL THE TIME.  Yesterday I said I didn't want to go running because it was cold, rainy and windy . . . well, today was worse, more rain. 

I grew up on a dry-land wheat farm in eastern WA.  My parents prayed for rain.  We LOVED rain.  We wanted it to rain.  Any rain between Nov and June was good.  Walking in the rain, jumping in puddles, rain was wanted and very, very good.  Then I moved to w. WA . . . Rain in w. WA is a lot different than rain in e. WA. Raindrops in e. WA are big and it rains for a day, maybe a few hours and then the sun comes back.  W. WA raindrops are small and it will rain for days, weeks, months at a time and when it's not raining, it's cloudy.  I still love e. WA rain, I can't stand w. WA rain.

Needless to say, I did not want to run today.  While at the store, we bought some Nutella, which I have never tried.  I told myself I went for a run I would be allowed a taste of Nutella.  So, I went for a run.  I have to say, I don't see how people can eat Nutella by itself.  I think it would be good on something or in something, but there is no way I could eat it all by itself, especially not a large amount.  I'm thinking of making this muffin recipe tomorrow for breakfast with Nutella on top. 

I've been making green monsters every morning with spinach and banana or blueberries.  I've really enjoyed them, but I think I'm getting a little tired of them.  Maybe the muffin will be a nice change. 

So I tried running up horrendous hill today.  I was successful, although I stopped halfway up and then at the top.  I took pictures and am embarrassed to post them.  The hill doesn't look that bad at all, I think it's just because I'm running and it's quite a long gradual incline to get to the steeper part so I'm already worn out.  Instead I'll just post a pretty flowering tree.  :-)


Friday is my official weigh-in.  I weighed myself last night after the horribly good meal I had and was done almost a pound from last week, so I decided to weigh myself this morning on an empty stomach.  I was down 2 lbs! Now I'm worried that on my "official" weigh-in it won't be as good.

I'm headed to e. WA tomorrow for the weekend.  I don't know how much I'll be able to post, if at all.  I will definitely try to, but they live in the middle of nowhere and their internet connection isn't very good.  I get frustrated really quickly, so who knows if I'll have the patience to wait for their connection.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I hate the rain...and I grew up here in Oregon! But I'm proud of you going for a run in it...you are a stronger woman than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I chose running as my exercise of choice. It was such a silly choice in this part of the world.

    ReplyDelete