Monday, July 9, 2012

Friend Makin' Mondays


My weekend was nice.  I came home yesterday, just in time, my Mom said the temperature got up to 104.  I am back at work and enjoying the 70* weather (hopefully it'll get hotter) but not enjoying the 1000% humidity (no, not really, but it sucks).  One week of work and then I am going camping!  Yay!  I'm excited.  :-)
We will have 4 adults and 2 kids at all times, although the people will change.  :-)  It's kinda crazy trying to figure out the costs and what everyone owes, and what everyone is going to bring, and the food and stuff.  One of my friends is going with me on Friday and then Chris and another friend is coming Saturday night or Sunday morning.  And then my friend (the original one) is leaving Monday and we may have another friend joining us Tuesday.  :-)  It'll work out.  I'm excited about it.  It is Maddox's first camping trip.


Well, it's Monday and I started doing Friend Makin' Monday's last week.  So here's my installment. 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All The Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Summertime


1. What is your favorite thing about Summer? I love the sun! I love swimming and doing fun things outside, I love camping and bbq's and swimming and boating and the sun and the warmth . . . did I mention swimming and the sun?  :-)

2. What is your favorite outdoor activity? Swimming . . . Unfortunately I don't do it very often because in western WA there are no outdoor pools, at least not where I am.  I will swim in a lake, but I was raised swimming in a pool (my parents had one in their backyard) so the lake bottoms and seaweed and the thought of fish nibbling at my toes kinda freaks me out.

3. If you had to choose, would you prefer to be too hot or too cold? I would rather be too cold, you can always put clothes on, or wrap up in a blanket.

4. Does your appetite increase or decrease during warmer months? I don't think it changes.  I have never noticed a decrease or an increase . . .

5. What is your favorite seasonal Summer fruit? Probably watermelon, although we never buy it.  :-(

6. Would you prefer to spend a hot summer day at the mall or at a swimming pool? A pool of course!  Around here though, I have to settle for a lake. :-)

7. Are you more likely to tan or sunburn? Suntan.  My mom used to call us (my sisters and me) her little Indians (maybe not the most politically correct thing, but my Mom will never be politically correct) in the summer.  Unfortunately, living where I do now, I tend to be very, very white most of the year.  :-(  Clouds and rain don't really create a suntan. . .

8. How does your routine change when Summer begins? It doesn't change much, I still have to work.  I always take at least one week off though because I take my nephew for a week to do fun things.  This year I am probably going to take 2 weeks off, we're going camping next week and then when my nephew comes over.

9. What is the temperature outside where you are today? Right now it's only 55*, it's supposed to get up to 77 though.  A big change from the 100* weather I came from in eastern WA over the weekend.

10.  What is your favorite Summer holiday? I didn't realize there was more than one summer holiday . . . 4th of July, I guess is my favorite.

Now it’s your turn.  Don’t forget to post the answers on your own blog, then go back  to All The Weigh and link up in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I lived in Everett for a couple years (Navy) - my daughter was born there. That is such a beautiful place! I love the Cascades!

    Have fun camping!

    Stopping in from FMM - Hi!

    ReplyDelete