Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My last few days

This has been a pretty crazy last few days.  Saturday I spent the day in Lynnwood with my sister.  We went "swimming" (I have that in quotations because we had Maddox which means that we sat in the pool holding him the whole time and didn't actually do any swimming), we went to DSW (a really great shoe store) but couldn't find any shoes to buy, and last we went to Fred Meyer and wandered around, where I found some new running shoes.  I don't think they are actual running shoes, but I wore them Sunday running and they were nice and no shin splints.  :-)

Sunday I ran 5 miles . . . yes, I said 5!! miles.  That's the farthest I've ever ran.  :-)  It was a great run!  I made great time, a 9:47 min/mile.  Even had a terrible hill that I walked up part of but still had a good time. 

Sunday afternoon Damian had a All-Stars baseball game.  They won in a nail-biting finish.  Seriously, they scored 2 runs in the last inning, which put them ahead by one.  It's a best 2 out of 3 situation, with the winner going to the state tournament.  Yesterday they had the second game, which they lost.  They lost badly, 11-1.  It was very bad.  So that means the third game is tonight.

Tomorrow I am hoping to go to Deception Pass for the day.  It's supposed to finally be nice here.  Although, it's supposed to be nicer this weekend.  Unfortunately, I am going to my parents house for the nice weather so will miss out on it here.  But it should be nice at their house (eastern WA).  I'm hoping my dad will get out his boat and we can go boating, but he hasn't been feeling well, so I'm not sure if he'll be able to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment