Thursday, July 12, 2012

A botched haircut

Yesterday I was so busy I didn't have time to run before dark.  I am so sad that I didn't get a run in.  I wanted to run every day this week because I'm still not sure how I'm going to run while I'm camping . . . especially without a shower at the campground.  But we are so busy trying to get everything together before our trip, we didn't even get home until almost 9pm.  And then I had to put Maddox down for the night.

And I decided to try to "trim" Gizmo's hair.  Let me tell you, it is not easy.  The clippers we borrowed from a friend, they worked wonderful without a guard on them, but without the guard, it was uneven, unless I was up to his skin and then he was just bald.  HAHA! I shaved his belly bald and then put the guard back on, and ugh, it looked TERRIBLE. So Chris took over for a while and he did a much better job.  But it took him at least 30 minutes to do just one side (I had already worked on him for 30 min the night before and then another 30 min before Chris started).  Chris wants to give him a mohawk, so I figure if Chris is going to do the shaving, he can do whatever he wants, even though I don't want the mohawk.  Tonight we have to finish his "haircut" or he is going to look like one SILLY dog.  :-)

Today I am going to run.  I don't care what needs to be done, I am going to run.  And I am going to try to wake up at 5:30 tomorrow and run.  I won't have time after work because I am trying to get out of here early enough to catch the 2pm ferry, which is at least 30 min away.  I hope, (I really, really hope) I can get there on time, and it's not too full.  The next ferry doesn't leave until 4:45.  :-(  That one will be SUPER busy with weekend traffic and everyone trying to flee before 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment