Saturday, July 21, 2012

100 posts!

Yesterday I talked about how I hurt my leg on my first run after my vacation.  I was seriously worried I tore something, muscle, tendon, ligament . . . something that would take forever to heal.  There was a period of time last night that I couldn't even put weight on my leg.  I iced it all evening and went to bed completely expecting not to be able to walk this morning.  Instead I woke up and it was stiff and sore, but definitely not bad. I can walk and I can move, I don't think I can run, but I didn't try. 

Last night I was feeling very dejected about not being able to run.  I seriously thought I would not be able to run for a week or longer.  I knew if I wanted to get rid of the weight I gained on vacation I would have to be careful with what I eat, which is not my strong point.  Run 3-4 miles every day . . . easy . . . eat under 1800 calories a day (healthily) . . . practically impossible.  So, knowing this, I decided to drink . . . a lot quite a bit.

 When I woke up this morning I decided I needed to do something. Before I started running I got a small stepper that I used a lot, until a bar on it broke.  That is when I started running again.  A friend of Chris's (Chris is not very "handy") replaced the bar and it works fine now, but since I rediscovered running I have not used it at all.  Today I thought I would try it since I don't lift my foot off the step and don't flex my calf that much.  I was very happy that it worked and I wasn't in much pain.  I did it for about 45 min.  Actually I'm not exactly sure how long because I noticed in the last 15 min that the timer and step counter wasn't registering steps (after 15 min it said I had only been on it for 1 and a half min), so I had to keep track of the time on the clock.  I have a feeling I was on it for closer to an hour, but I know I got off several times to get Maddox. 
Maddox was really wanting to try it out.


Going on vacation really put me behind on my blog reading.  I got back and I have 70 posts to catch up on.  I realize that may not be as many as some, but it is plenty!  I have been trying to read them here and there the last 2 days and I am still not caught up and everyone keeps writing.  Quit writing so I can catch up!  ;-) lol

This is my 100th post.  I wish I had something special to say or do or something, but I don't.  It's just another boring post.  Not even about running. 

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats on your 100th post....you are WAAAY ahead of me! ;-D

    ReplyDelete