Thursday, July 26, 2012

Forward!

I still have not be able to go running.  Yesterday we went to a lake north of us, Lake Padden.  It has a 2 1/2 mile trail around the lake that we walked.  My leg was a bit sore this morning, but not too bad.  I woke up this morning wishing I could go for a run.  Instead I decided to walk to work.  It's not that far, takes me about 5 min from my house.  I decided to go about 5 min before I normally leave for work.  I always leave a half hour before work starts because I like to be there early to get settled for the day. 

I left at my normal time and walked at a fairly fast walk, all downhill.  I got to work and felt fabulous.  I wasn't tired, I was energized and the day went really fast.  Chris had told me in the morning that if I wanted him to, he would come pick me up at the end of the day.  I was feeling good, so decided to go ahead and walk home . . . yeah, remember a few sentences where I said it was all downhill . . . well, going home was all uphill.  It was very warm and I was definitely sweating by the time I got home.  But again, I felt like I had accomplished something.  I really wanted to go for a run this evening.  I think I'll walk again tomorrow.  =)

After dinner tonight I decided to do some cardio type things while watching tv.  I did some running in place, and jumping jacks.  It was interesting that I was able to do that but I can't run outside.  I think I'm going to try to run around the block tomorrow and see how my leg holds up.  That will have been a week since I hurt it.

Yesterday while reading some blogs I found these quotes and I really liked them so I thought I would share them with you.





When someone asks you how it's going, you reply "Forward!"
Because that's the truth.
Mary's blog
“Everything after ‘but’ is bullshit.”
Kenlie's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment