Saturday, July 7, 2012

Treadmill . . .


I ran on my parent's treadmill today.  And I have to tell you, it was hard.  It was only 3.5 miles, and it was a "slow" pace, 10min/mile but just having that stupid screen in front of me telling me how far I'd gone (thinking how far I needed to still go) and how many min I had been up there, just made it harder for me.  I would look at the distance and try to picture myself along my normal trail at about that same distance, but it just isn't the same.  I even set up my computer to one of my all time favorite movies "Snowball Express" but it still seemed to drag.  Maybe if I did it more often it wouldn't be so bad, but wow!  I sure do love my outside runs.

It is interesting though that I hate it so much.  I had a gym membership for almost 1.5 years about 3 years ago and the treadmill was my machine of choice.  I went faithfully to the gym for about a year, I loved it, but I really think that relying on the speed that I was going, rather than the distance hampered me from increasing my time.  I was able to put the treadmill on a 10min/mile pace today, which equaled to a level 6.  Before I think I was running at a 4 or 5 and thought that was fast.  Today, a 10 min/mile is pretty easy for me. 
Western WA may have a lot of rain, but when it is sunny, everyone is outside.  That is something I love about that area.  Everyone knows that you have to enjoy the sun while it's there, you may only have one day of it.  Eastern WA has a lot of sun, and it gets really hot, so people stay inside and don't go out and make the most of the day.  They know tomorrow will be another sunny day. 

So, guess where I'm sitting on this really, really beautiful, hot eastern WA day?  Inside.  I long to get out and enjoy this sun.  I NEED to get out and enjoy this sun.  Problem is, my dad is no where to be found.  My mom talked to him about going to a lake for a picnic this afternoon.  I realize he can't go on the boat, he's not feeling well enough, but we can go to a lake and play in water and just enjoy the day.  But it's 11:20 and he's MIA.  Ugh! 
                                                                                          

Happily, my dad came home and we were able to go to a state park not very far from their house, Potholes State Park.  Seriously, that's the name.  It's a man-made lake (as most are in this part of the state).  The water was pretty nasty, but Damian really wanted to swim, so I went with him.  I had a blast.  Reminded me of when Damian was little.  Maddox got in the water with me as well, which loved.  My mom came and let him wade in the shallow water with her while I played in the deeper part with D.  It was a really great day.  :-)





1 comment:

  1. "Living the dream" is what it's all about ... I love it!!

    When you have a second, stop by and say hi. I'm teaching the "1% Mindset." ... how to turn "I'll try" into "I WILL, PERIOD!"

    http://CoachYourMind.com

    Have a great Monday. Live it fearlessly,
    Dayne

    ReplyDelete