Monday, May 28, 2012

Meet My Goals Challenge

Happy Memorial Day!  While I very much enjoy the 3-day weekend, or in my case, the 6-day weekend, I am extremely humbled by what the day actually means.  I have a brother-in-law who is currently in the Navy in Virginia.  He is a cook, interestingly, he was a cook at the White House for Pres. Bush's last 4 years and Pres. Obama's first 2 years.  He now cooks for a Senator.  I have another brother-in-law who is in the Army and is currently stationed in Afghanistan.  He missed the birth of his daughter to serve our country. 

Like I mentioned yesterday, I've been thinking about doing some sort of challenge for the month of June. Today on Pinterest I ran across this . . .


Goals
So I signed up for it.  I'm not extremely interested in the prizes (but free stuff, is free stuff), but I thought it would keep me more accountable so why not. :-)  It actually started last week, but it said that we could join anytime, so I joined it.  All I have to do is once a week on Sunday comment on her page saying if I reached my goals from the week before and what my next week goals are.

These are my goals for this week:
1. Add another cardio exercise other than running 3x a week (this is a longer term goal so I may keep it every week)
2. Run at least 16 miles this week
3. Drink my green drink (original website here) every day.
It also asks to post starting weight and current weight and how many minutes exercised for the week.  In Feb I weighed 177, this morning I weighed 165.  So my starting weight for this challenge is 165. Last week I exercised for 228 min (close to 4 hours).

Which brings me to my Friday weigh in that I forgot to talk about on Friday or Sunday.  I did post it on my Scale Obsession page.  As of Friday, my official weigh-in day, I weighed 165.2, which is a 0.8lb gain.  I am happy that it was only that much.  I did drink a lot on Wednesday night and I haven't been extremely good on my 6 days off. 

I am kind of regretting my number one goal this week.  My Mom is coming to town tomorrow to watch Damian play baseball and is going to be here until at least Saturday.  So I don't know how I am going to get in extra cardio.  I don't even think I'm going to make it to Zumba tomorrow because I have a hair appt and, like I said, my Mom is going to be here.  Maybe I'll get in some Just Dance or something.  We'll see . . .

I hope you all had a great weekend and that you spent some time remembering those who are serving and have served our country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment