Thursday, May 10, 2012

Just another day in the life of . . .

I completely forgot to post yesterday.  I didn't mean to, I just went to bed and didn't post.  Then tonight I was headed to bed and realized I hadn't posted today either.  I can't go two days in a row.  I don't have that many followers, but I have told myself that I will post everyday for myself.  So I am posting at 10pm tonight.

This week my weight went up again.  I know my official weigh-in is tomorrow, but everyday this week my weight has been 167 or higher.  Today it was 170 (ahhhhh! will I never get away from that damn number!?).  I do not keep track of my food.  I did for a while and then I stopped, and after I stopped I lost 3 lbs, so that was just confirming that I didn't need to keep track.  Unfortunately, I've gained back the 3lbs (well, we'll see tomorrow) so I've been wondering what I'm eating.  I had that margarita and over ate at the Mexican restuarant the other day.  I have noticed that when I drink tequila it totally screws up my digestive system for a couple days afterwards.  I haven't drank very much since I got pregnant, which is now 19 months (holy cow, that's a long time!), so that one giant margarita was a lot for me.  (Just to clarify, I'm not a big drinker, but I do like to go out every so often and tequila is my shot of choice.)

I am really opposed to changing my food.  I don't mind eating less but I don't want to eat completely different foods.  I like the food we eat, and I don't think we eat terribly unhealthily (yes, that's a word, well, in my mind it is).  There are definitely some things that are not good for us, but we very, very rarely eat out and pretty much never eat fast food anymore.  I have changed my morning food, I now make a one-min muffin every day and have a green drink as a "snack" mid-morning.  Today I had a ham salad for lunch and egg noodles scrambled with eggs and peas (yum) for dinner, that doesn't sound terrible, right?  I had a hard boiled egg as a snack and a spoonful of peanut butter after my run.  This is normal food for me, dinner actually is usually a bit more, chicken, steak or hamburger with potato and a vegetable.  *sigh* I guess I will have to start tracking my food again if I want to stay away from 170 (evil, evil number).

My runs have been uneventful.  Just my normal 3 miles.  I'm getting excited for the Have a Heart Run on Saturday.  It's only 3 miles and I do that everyday, but it's a new experience so my nerves are starting to kick in.  My sister is coming up to watch Maddox and then we're planning on going to go to Olive Garden afterwards for soup and salad and then we're going for a "walk" around a lake.  It's about 2 and a half miles, fairly easy, and Damian can fish while we walk.  It should be fun.  :-)

Mother's Day is this weekend and I'm pretty positive we're doing nothing.  Which is okay.  Chris and Damian have always gotten me a fuschia for Mother's Day, so I'm expecting that and hopefully some sort of dinner I don't have to cook (that is not pizza). 

Yesterday Damian had a baseball game.  It was cold!!  The sun was shining and it looked beautiful out, but the wind was blowing and it was super, super cold.  There is nothing to break the wind at this park so it was even worse.  There is a line of trees on one side, but that was not where the wind was coming from.  We finally had to go stand in the trees with Maddox to try to keep from freezing to death.
Trying to stay warm
Damian's team won.  He was extremely excited.  The team they played had been undefeated.  He was still talking about it today.  Plus, he played catcher, and that is his favorite position.  (He hasn't played it much this year.)



No comments:

Post a Comment