Monday, May 14, 2012

Have a Heart Run and Mother's Day (kinda long)

The weather here over the weekend was beautiful. It was a perfect morning for the Have a Heart Run on Saturday. It was sunny but cool. It got warmer as the day went on, but the morning was perfect. I got really nervous about 8am. The race started at 9:30 but my sister and I were going to the park at 8:30. Once I got there and got my packet I wasn't as nervous. It was much smaller than the Tulip Run I walked in April so there wasn't a chip to attach to my shoe and they haven't posted the times or pictures yet on their website.
pre-race photo
 I started towards the end of the crowd, but ended up passing a lot of people.  We were told it was narrow in a few places, and it followed the Skagit River, so the lady was pretty insistant that we not fall into it.  :-)  It wasn't too bad though.  I found a person early on to pace.  I was pretty out of breath by the time I got to the turn around point so I knew I was going fast, I didn't want to lose the girl I was following though, so I kept up the pace. 

Finish line
 I was pretty dead by the time I got to the finish line.  And no wonder, my time was 27:03, with a 9:19 min/mile.  However, according the app on my phone, it was only 2.9 miles, so I'm not sure if I can count that as a PR.  I definitely would have been under 29 min which is my last PR, but I didn't actually go the full 5K, so I don't know.  I don't know how that works.  Oh well, I don't know if I could have handled the 0.2 miles I didn't do.  :-) 

I decided that I am not a race person.  I run 3 or more miles on a daily basis.  All a race does is gives me nerves and I have to pay money for that.  I do enjoy the tshirt, however, the Tulip Run tshirt was nicer.  :-)  But I'm not going to complain, I need tshirts.  I may do one of each distance, next one being a 10K, and I definitely want to do Bloomsday which is 7 miles.  I don't think I'm interested in a half or full marathon though.  Nancy and I decided we'd do the Tulip Run again, walking, and I'd do the Have a Heart Run again, it's for a good cause. 

While I was running, my sister took my sons to the play park and Damian slid down the slide with Maddox.  They said Maddox loved the slide. 


Damian is such a good big brother


After the race we went home so I could change and take a quick shower.  Maddox took a short nap and then we went to the Olive Garden for soup and salad.  It was so good.  :-) After Olive Garden we went up to Lake Padden and walked around the lake.  The walk is 2.6 miles.  It was extremely nice and a lot of people had the same idea.  Damian wanted to go fishing, it's trout season, so while we walked around the lake he was supposed to be fishing.  45 min later we got back to him and he was still setting up his hook.  He said whatever he had on his line at first didn't work.  So Nancy and I went and sat down in the grass and talked and watched the lake for another 45 min.
 

Damian didn't catch anything, but the person fishing next to him gave him a fish.  Damian enjoys eating fish, but I am not much of a fan.  I like crab, shrimp, lobster, etc, but fish are not that great.  Chris doesn't like anything that lives in water and refuses to eat it. 

My sister Nancy, and Maddox "walking" Gizmo.  Maddox
thought it was awesome. :-)
Since I didn't post Saturday or Sunday, I'll briefly touch on my Mother's Day as well.  Chris works weekends, so he wasn't home until late afternoon.  Damian woke me up with eggs and toast for breakfast. Luckily he made scrambled eggs along with an attempted sunny side up egg. The sunny side up egg was still mostly raw, the whites were just barely holding together. I'm surprised he was able to get it on the plate. But it's okay, Gizmo liked it. :-) It's the thought that counts and it was a very awesome thought. After that he told me to go lay down and he would watch Maddox for me, so I got to go back to sleep until 9:30. It was heavenly, I haven't slept in that late since Maddox was born, and even then I wasn't sleeping well before that because I was so pregnant. The weather was beautiful so I laid outside for awhile while Maddox napped and then took Maddox outside to play when he woke up. We had a fire in the backyard and Chris bbqed kabobs with shrimp and mushrooms. :-) It was an extremely relaxing day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment