Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday weigh in

I'm not sure what to think about my weight.  Last week I lost 3 lbs, the week before I lost 1.2 lbs but the week prior I was up 0.6 lb.  This week my weight is 166.6, which is 0.8 up from last week.  I didn't feel confident all week about my weight.  I don't think I've done anything different than normal.  Maybe my body is just getting used to the running and the less food and has decided not to go down any farther.  However, I'm not going to worry about it for another week.  Next week if I haven't gone down, or (scary thought) gone up again, then I will have to change something (probably food-wise).

NSV's are, my pants are falling off, I have to tighten my belt to the next notch, my ring is about to fall off my finger (I almost lost it in the garbage today), Chris has told me that he can see and feel a difference in my body, I can run 3 miles without stopping at all to catch my breath . . .

source
I have been thinking a lot about what type of exercise I can propose to Chris to participate in to get healthier and I haven't had any luck thinking of anything . . . until today.  Chris does not enjoy running or even walking and I couldn't think of anything else that didn't require a gym membership or buying something.  I thought of a bike, but we only have one adult bike (mine, I never use it) and if I don't go with him, I could see him stopping it very quickly.  Today I finally thought of something.  Before I got pregnant we went to the park and played basketball a couple times and tennis once.  Chris mentioned that he really liked it, he liked playing a sport rather than just running (or walking).  So, I need to figure out how to get him to the park 3 or 4 days a week to play tennis or basketball.  The biggest problem with these sports is the rain.  We live in western WA, it rains allllll the time.  Luckily we're headed toward sunnier weather, so maybe I can get him exercising enough while it's nice that he'll figure something out for the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment