Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What would you have tomorrow?

I read something the other day . . . maybe on Facebook, I can't really remember where . . . that said "What if the only thing you had today was what you thanked God for yesterday."  I have started praying while I run (even before I heard this) and one of the things I try to do is thank God for some of the things I can think of.  I get distracted easily while I run and I'm tired, so often my prayers sound like "Dear God, Thank for everything. The ability to run, my family.  What else? The sun.  hmmmm.  Please be with my Dad and his health, my mom and her stress . . . " and then I just reduce it to names.  Although I'll often say something about one of my sisters "give her what she needs, not what she wants."  :-)  By this time my song has changed or I've seen the next short hill and I get distracted and don't finish. Anyway, after I heard the above quote I started thinking about the things I am thankful for.  If I only had what I thanked God for yesterday, at least I would have my family, running, and the sun.  :-) 

Today I decided to write out some of the things I am thankful for.  Unfortunately, I did not get very much farther than what I say when I run.  I got a few more, but not many. 


I want to do this daily.  But who knows if I'll remember.  Maybe if I write it on here it will keep me more accountable.

I have been reading old posts of Mary's blog.  She is incredibly inspirational.  She started her weight loss journey at 345 lbs in 2010.  As of currently she's lost 150 lbs.  I have read up until she's lost 100 lbs.  Her journey is very interesting.  I have never been that big.  I don't ever want to be that big.  It amazes me that people can be so mean.  I do not understand how people can yell out incredibly mean things to people just because they are overweight or different.  People are people no matter your size, color or sexual orientation. 

Anyway, I went on a tangent . . . Mary is very big on challenges to help motivate her.  Her challenges (so far) are not competitive, just something to keep her motivated.  So I have been thinking of doing my own "challenge."  I am very motivated and enjoy running, but other than Zumba on Tuesdays I don't do anything else.  I used to do dumbbells while I worked out on my stepper but I stopped doing that completely when I started running.  My son has a pull-up bar in a doorway and I can't even do one pull-up on it anymore.  So I'm thinking I should do something to build strength, or just something fun.  I found a couple websites with exercises to do, here, here, and here.  I kind of like the last one.  Maybe I'll just mix it up and do a variety of different things.  I'm thinking I'd like to do 3 days of a different exercise other than running, maybe for the month of June (it's coming up fast!). 

Today was my rest day.  Damian had a baseball game and since I ran both Monday and Tuesday, which have been my rest days the last few weeks, I decided to not worry about today. 

1 comment:

  1. That Thankfulness activity is a great thing--not that I do it (I should, though). I heard that Oprah does it every day...and, we all know that Oprah if Oprah does it.... Ha ha! Anyway, I think it is great that you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete