Tuesday, May 22, 2012

NSV - TMI

Whew! I got home from work today and asked Chris if he was interested in riding bikes again today.  To my surprise he said yes.  So I loaded up Maddox in the jogging stroller and off we went.  It is soooo much harder to run while pushing the jogging stroller, especially in the wind and drizzle rain.  I ran 2.5 miles and walked the last .5 mile.  My back is killing me this evening.  But the important part is that Chris is out exercising. 

Thirty minutes after running I went to Zumba.  I really love Zumba.  It's fun and energizing.  I wish I could go more than once a week.  They offer it 3 times a week, but the second time is Thursday at 3 (I work) and then the third one is Saturday at 9am.  I'd be able to do Saturday, but Damian has had make-up baseball games at 10 on Saturdays.  (Good news, my knee didn't twinge at all during my run or Zumba!)

I discovered another NSV (non-scale victory), which is probably TMI, but oh well.  Chris and I haven't had much "alone time" since Maddox was born.  For a long time Maddox was sleeping in our bed with us, plus, Chris and I are on completely different schedules.  His days off are Tues-Thurs and mine are Sat and Sun, so he goes to bed late on his days off and I go to bed late on mine . . . not to mention having a 13 yr old in the house as well . . . we just haven't had much "special alone time."  Well, a few days ago it all worked out for us to have some "quality time," really the first since I started running.  (That is so sad because I started running the end of Feb.)  So. . .  my NSV is that I wasn't tired, I wasn't sweating, I didn't even feel like I had exerted any effort at all.  I could have gone much longer and not had any problems.  What a great feeling.  It definitely makes me want it more.  Now I just need to get Chris into better shape, we could go at it like rabbits.  ;-)  LOL!!

Anyway . . . hahaha . . . sorry, now I'm embarrassed.

I went to work today and just had a super hard time getting there.  So I asked my supervisor if she cared if I took tomorrow off as well as Thursday and Friday, so now I have 6 full days off!  I am super excited.  Tomorrow evening we are having some friends over for a bbq and fire and I am planning on drinking quite a bit.  I haven't had much to drink since I had Maddox and since he's FINALLY sleeping through the night, that means I can drink and not worry about having to feed him in the middle of the night.  Drinking a lot means that I'm going to have a terrible weigh in on Friday, but I am okay with that.

I am going to run in the morning tomorrow and then I am going with a friend to do a different Zumba class.  She joined a gym and got 3 free passes for a friend, so she's going to give them to me so I can go to Zumba with her there.  Then another run on Thursday and maybe Zumba at 3 at my normal place because I'm not working.  So I'm hoping to work off the extra calories I will consume tomorrow evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment