Thursday, May 3, 2012

Counting slugs

When you are running do you worry about getting attacked?  I have these thoughts all the time.  Every single time I run.  Every time I pass a guy with a dog, or a group of young adult guys.  I run on trails near my house and they go through very wooded areas at times.  I don't know if it's because of hearing all the horror stories on tv, news, tv shows . . .  I use a GPS tracker, Map My Fitness on my phone, so I tell Chris that he can look up where I am on there, but I still freak out all the time. 

Today the weather was very drizzly.  Lots and lots of "misty" rain.  Damian's game was cancelled because of it.  Surprisingly, Chris asked if I wanted to go for a walk when I got home, so I, of course, said yes.  If you've read this post and this post then you know I why I never say no when Chris asks to go for a walk.  Needless to say, I really, really didn't want to go for a run afterwards. 

I got home and changed right away and left.  I knew if I waited there was no way I was going to go.  The first mile was gruesome.  All I could think about what how badly I did not want to be doing what I was doing.  So, about a fourth of the way into the run I decided I was going to count slugs.  I hate slugs, I hate everything about them, they are slimey, they eat my flowers, they are funny looking, I even hate stepping on them because they are slimey and make a yucky squish when you step on them . . . I hate slugs.  I counted 55 slugs going up the trail and 110 slugs going back.  Yuck! 
I have been reading Katie and Frickin' Fabulous at 40's blogs for awhile.  And recently I started reading Jen's blog.  Those three are participating in the Ragnar Relay.  I found Mary on Jen's blog and spend a good portion of today reading about her weight loss.  I would very much like to follow Mary, and possibly others but the link at the top of the screen where it says "Share   Report   Abuse   Next Blog>>"  no longer has the "Follow" link.  I don't know how to get Mary (and any other blogs I want to read regularly) to show up on my dashboard.  Anyone else notice this and know how I can follow additional blogs??

No comments:

Post a Comment