Friday, June 22, 2012

SAD

I'm sorry I haven't been writing a lot lately.  I am just . . . I have no excuse . . . lazy.  :-) 

Nothing is going on here right now.  I'm running everyday, in fact Tuesday I ran 4.88 miles, which is the farthest I've ever ran.  Yesterday I ran just under 3 miles.  I did skip Zumba though, but that was more because I didn't have the $3 required to get in.

I think I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).  I know it's normally in the winter months but I am just so depressed about the weather here.  It's the end of June and it's constantly cloudy and rainy.  I'm sick of it.  Chris and I have been seriously talking about moving back to eastern WA to get out of this dreary weather.

In reality, there are two big things holding me here.  Damian's school and friends and activities (that is a huge thing) and my sister, who is my best friend.  As it is, I only see her about once a month, and if I were to move farther away I would never see her.  But seriously, I am depressed lately and I think it's because of the weather.  How silly is it to be depressed in June because it's 60 degrees and not 70+.  I look at the heat wave the rest of the US is having and I am insanely jealous.  Send some of it my way!!

Picture from Seattle, not from me.

This is all I see lately.  We'll have one glorious day of sun, and then the very next day it looks like this.  Why can't we have a summer of sun with one day of rain and then back to sun like all normal places in the world?  Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. You can have our hot weather...I don't want it!

    Maybe you need some vitamin D...take a vitamin D3 supplement (along with some calcium and magnesium for proper absorption) and see that you feel any better. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do take vitamin D with my calcium pills. I am just super annoyed at the clouds. It's humid and I hate humidity. I just want the sun and blue skies and 75 degree weather. I don't think that's asking for much. :-) It's not like I'm asking for 85 degree weather (or higher).

      Delete