Monday, June 11, 2012

Meet My Goals Challenge

It's week 4 of the Meet My Goals Challenge. I did great with all my goals last week, even limiting myself to one drink when a friend came over for his birthday . . . until Friday.  I forgot to take my vitamins in the morning and remembered them (of course) whenever I wasn't home.  So then I figured if I am not going to meet my goals for my vitamins, I might as well have a couple drinks . . . uh, yeah.  I drank both Friday and Saturday night, several glasses.  I am not a heavy drinker, but sometimes it just tastes good.  I went without for over a year, so now that I am not nursing Maddox very much anymore I tend to drink more because I "can."  Not a great way to look at it, I know. 

So my goals for this week . . .
continue some sort of "extra" exercise 3x a week
vitamins everyday!
100 situps challenge at Sexy Mother Runner

That last one may be my downfall this week!  I don't know if I can do 100 situps, I will have to space them out throughout the day!

No run today.  I did 4.77 miles yesterday with Chris.  He rode the bike and I ran.  I didn't have to push Maddox because Damian was home and was able to watch him.  Damian's bike died a few weeks ago, giving him a horrible road rash when the chain popped off.  He has outgrown his bike anyway, but now he doesn't even have a too small bike to ride.  We are planning on getting him a new bike for an early birthday present, but we have to get the money first. 

The run yesterday was really nice.  Chris decided to stay with me for most of the run, which means he didn't get much of a workout on his bike, but we talked a lot.  He mentioned that he saw an old couple walking, holding hands while he was at work and thought he'd like to be that couple.  However, he can't keep up with me running so he decided to ride with me.  I think I prefer him to ride for exercise and then we could go for a walk later or on the days that he doesn't bike.  He isn't biking everyday, so we could walk 2 or 3 times a week and he could ride as an exercise 2 or 3 times a week and that would still give him several days off. 

This weekend Damian did the Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society.  I don't know how much he walked, but he said he had fun.  He joined a team from his school and the teacher that was the leader said he was quite popular with the girls, especially the girls from the other middle school in the area that was right next to his team.  :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment