Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jiggly sport

This morning I weighed in at 163.something, this afternoon before my run I weighed in at 166.something and after my run . . . 161.4!  I can't believe I actually saw that number.  Not for one minute do I believe I weigh that much little, but it sure is nice seeing it on the scale.  My official weigh in is tomorrow.  I'd like to see something in the 162 range.  It is amazing to me that my "heavy" weight now is 166. 

My oldest pair of yoga pants that I have (without holes in the crotch because my thighs rub together - they always have, even when I weighed 130 in high school) are too big.  I wore them today to go running, and seriously, I had to pull them up every 30 seconds, until I started sweating and the sweat made them stick to my body. 

Speaking of sweat, I have noticed that I am sweating a lot more lately.  I didn't think about it until I read this article yesterday.  The article says that when you become more fit, you sweat more, you condition your body to be better prepared, so it becomes a sweat factory. 

TMI Funny story about how I found this article. . . during my run yesterday I was having problems with my stomach.  I seriously thought there was something wrong.  I honestly didn't recognize it as the need to poop until I got home.  Well, I was in the bathroom reading my book on my Kindle app on my smartphone (don't judge!) and I decided to google the question "does running make you poop?"  (I've had this issue before.)  And it does.  The article (same as above) says that "Running is one of the more jiggly sports" so it causes your gastrointestinal system to "wake up."  (When I told Chris that, he said "jiggly sports? is that a technical runners term?"  I, of course, said yes.)  Funny thing about this is Katie had a guest post today and he touched on this very thing. 

I realized something yesterday.  I am the most physically fit I have ever been in my adult life.  I was very active and played a lot of sports in high school, but since I graduated I have not exercised much for a long period of time.  I have been skinnier than I am right now, but I have not been fitter.  :-)  What a good feeling.

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I started reading your post I thought..."I wonder if she's seen the guest post on Katie's blog!" lol. Adam is SO funny...I think I'll be hooked on his blog from now on.

    I have a blog layout question for you...at the top of your blog you have a bar that says 'Home' and then some other buttons that link to other pages...how do I get that bar across the top. I've seen several blogs that have it but I can't figure out how to get one for mine.

    ReplyDelete