Thursday, March 28, 2013

TRX kicks butt

The weekends are bad for me in blog reading.  This is why I get behind so often, I don't get on at all to write or read any blogs.  Anyway, I was catching up the other day and came across this article.  I found it very, very interesting.  I have never been over 200 lbs, so there are things I don't know (and hope to never learn) about being hugely overweight.  Nor will I ever know what it's like to lose a ton of weight.  However, just because I don't have personal experience, I do think this is a very, very interesting article so I decided to share it with you.  =)

Tuesday I went to zumba.  Afterwards I talked to the lady at the cash register about joining the TRX class on this morning.  It turns out that the lady at the desk was the same person that teaches the TRX class.  She was helpful, but then I felt like I HAD to go because I told her I was interested.  I don't think this is a bad thing however. 

I was so worried about getting up on time though that I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep.  I am not an early riser, nor do I like to be up earlier than necessary.  I do enjoy mornings now, which is a lot different than it was when I was younger.  Anyway, I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't quite what the class actually was.  I guess I expected to spend the whole time on the suspension straps. 

For those that don't know what it is, you do 30 seconds cardio, then rotate to suspension strap weight training for 30 sec.  You do this two times and then you get a 30 sec break and start over with new exercises.  It's pretty intense.  (At least it was for me.) 


This was one of the easy ones.  source
By the time I got home I felt pretty weak.  Maddox was awake in his crib and I went to pick him up and thought I might drop him.  Of course, I didn't, but wow, it was definitely a workout.  I think I'll go next week too.  =)

Yesterday I was planning on running, but we really, really needed to do some grocery shopping.  Plus, I had a hair appt, so I didn't get a run in.  Remember last week when I said I didn't like running on Fridays? Well, I'll be running again on Friday.  I've already used my 2 rest (from running) days.  I'm going to run this evening after work, maybe only 4 miles because I did the TRX class this morning. 

I'll leave you with this picture of Maddox cuddling with me at lunch yesterday.  It was soooo hard to go back to work.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment