Friday, March 8, 2013

20+ lbs gone!

155.0 . . . That was my number this morning.  I'm afraid to post it, I have fluctuated so much that I don't believe that it's real, and since it came right after vacation, that scares me even more.  I did a lot of walking and there's no way I could (or want to) replicate that in my everyday life.  What if I gain it all back by next week?  It scares me . . .

Anyway, that means that I have officially lost 22 lbs since starting running a year ago.  I realize 22 lbs in a year is not very good, however, it does mean that even though it's slow, it is coming off.  If I lose another 20 lbs in a year, I will be at my goal weight, that may be a year from now, but it's coming.  I think I'm okay with that.  =) 

Seriously, I'm scared to post it on my Scale Obsession page.  I don't want to see it go up again.  =(  I decided to weigh myself after eating and after being dressed, and I was still only 157.  That's still 1.6 lbs under what I was naked 2 weeks ago. 

In other news, today is 3 years at my current job.  It doesn't feel like 3 years.  It has never been my ideal job, I only took it because I had been unemployed for 8 months and needed something.  I am thankful that I have a job, and I have grown to like it.  I love the program, I think it's a great program and it benefits so many people, but my passion has always been to work with kids.

Anyway, yesterday I ran 4 miles on the treadmill.  I would have liked to run outside because it turned out to be a nice afternoon, but Chris just got home from visiting his family in eastern WA and he was DONE with Maddox.  He needed a break, so my run was put on hold for a little bit.  I put the treadmill on an incline of 2 and ran at a 6.7mph (just under 9min/mile).  It was much harder than my 6 mile run on Wednesday.  I often wonder why running is so easy one day, and so difficult the next.  Yesterday I did not eat worse than the day before.  I think it's mostly frame of mind.

Tomorrow I'm going to run for 90 min. I'm going to do it on the treadmill, set it at 6mph and just run.  That means that I will have run for 9 miles when I'm done.  We'll see how I feel afterwards.  =)  I will be on track (easily) to my 100 mile goal for March. 

Just a couple more pictures from Disneyland.  =)
Splash Mountain =)
From bottom to top, Damian,
my mom, me, Chris, and stranger.
I saw the camera, so purposefully
lifted my hands. =)
I got to ride it twice.  My dad is at
the top and then me, again, I posed. =)
It's a Small World . . . this ride will
drive you crazy with the repeated song.

No comments:

Post a Comment