Saturday, March 16, 2013

A rare Saturday post

Did I say that I was going to my parent's house this weekend? Well, I am currently there in their dining trying to type this on my kindle fire.

I've been reading a lot of my blogs, trying to catch up. I'm on Tuesday of this week which feels i could finally get caught up. Recently I added some new people so I think that may be one of the reasons it's taken me so long to catch up. I have thought about during some of my blogs I follow, but I know that i pay close attention to my followers, so I would feel bad that someones followers went down by one. When you don't have many followers, one person is a big deal....

I do not have a binge problem, I know it's real issue, it's even been added to the DSM V, which is due to come out this spring.  However, being at my parents' house definitely makes me want to eat . . . a lot.  I have been fighting it all day.  I have done really well, but evenings are always the worst for me, even at home.  I guess I should stick some gum in my mouth, that always helps.

Yesterday Maddox woke up at 2:45am, and didn't go back to sleep.  Chris got up early, at 5, and took him, but I still only got about 4 hours of sleep total.  I was exhausted, but had to work.  I had planned on getting up early to run, but then decided I would run after work.  I was going to run 5.5 miles, but ended up only doing 5.11 because I ran into some bathroom issues.  I then packed and left to drive 4 hours to my parents' house. 

Hours in a car, not moving much, really hurt my hip.  I stopped after about 2 and a half hours  becausr I was falling asleep and could barely walk.  When I got to my parents' house I rolled my hip out (yes, I took my foam roller) and it felt better.  I was worried because it was really bad and I wondered if it was something more serious.  It might be, and my Mom suggested I see the dr. anyway.

Today I spent some time with my family and then we were just sitting around doing nothing.  I thought about possibly running on the treadmill, and then decided I really didn't want to.  I was thinking of my goal of running 100 miles in March, and needing to run more than 24 miles every week.  Also, I haven't done a long run since before I went to Disneyland.  I decided that I would just run more next week, and skip today.  It wasn't the end of the world.  But then I was thinking that I should just run and get it over with.  So I put on my running clothes.  That always motivates me.

I don't think that all treadmills are created equally.  I set my Dad's treadmill on a 1% incline and immediately felt like I was trekking up a hill.  I don't know what the difference was, but I really felt like the workout was hard.  I thought I would set it on 6mph hour (which on my treadmill is easy) and watch an entire 90 min movie.  9 miles, I could do that.  However, I realized 2 miles in, that wasn't going to happen, so I decreased the incline to 0.5% and increased the speed to 6.7 mph and decided to run 5 miles.  Well, that didn't happen either, I ended up only doing 4 miles, but I did bump up the incline to 1% again at 3 miles.  But at least I did it. 

I think I have been relying on my treadmill way too much.  I remember at Christmas time when I was on my Dad's treadmill and 1% incline at 6.7 mph felt easy.  So I have another goal for this week.  I am going to run outside only.  Damian has a wrestling match on Wednesday, but I can take that as a rest day instead of relying on my treadmill.  Actually, I may give myself one day of using the treadmill.  We definitely have to go grocery shopping and that usually makes for a late evening run as well, so that's two evenings where my run will be late and I don't want to run in the dark, so one day can be a rest day and one day can be a treadmill day.  So . . . my goal is to run outside 4 days this week, with a long run on Saturday.  I would like to go 8 miles.  That would make it my farthest run yet, I'm kinda scared of it though. 

I also need to look at races for this year.  I was on the website and haven't really seen any that I really love.  Actually, there was one that I was looking at Run Ladies Run but I didn't think I'd be here.  I originally was planning on going to my parents' house next weekend, but then realized D's wrestling tourney was next Saturday so I'm here now.  This race is in Friday Harbor which is on San Juan Island, where we go camping.  It's beautiful there, but kinda pricey to take the ferry over.  I'll have to think about it some and maybe talk to Chris about it some and see what he says.  I think it would be awesome to run on San Juan Island, it's so beautiful there. 

2 comments:

  1. I know what you are saying....being around my parents really makes me want to eat, too! We're going there next week...wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the visit! Me, I have already realized that I loathe the treadmill. I'd rather be freezing my arse off outside versus run on the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete