Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ramblings

I am so tired.  When did life become so hectic?  I realize it's probably not as bad as some, but for me, who loves just hanging out at home, it is crazy. 

My sister told me her and her husband started doing a weekly "meeting" where they sit down together and talk about what their week looks like and what is going on in their life.  I like the idea a lot and told Chris I wanted to start doing it.  I told him a month or more ago.  It always gets pushed aside and we don't do it.  This week I told Chris we are having our meeting.  We scheduled it for Monday, then we went out with friends and the meeting got pushed to Tuesday.  Tuesday Chris got a call from an old high school friend who was only going to be in town that night and wanted to hang out, so the meeting got pushed to Wednesday.  Then Wednesday Damian had a wrestling match, so now the meeting has been pushed to tonight.  Tonight is baseball practice, but at least we don't have to stay for the whole thing.  I seriously don't think it's ever going to happen, we just lead busy lives. 
Tomorrow I decided to go visit my parents in eastern WA.  I haven't been over there since Christmas, and even though I just saw them a couple weeks ago in CA, it's not the same.  Baseball is starting, so my weekends will be getting full, so it's now or never . . . well, not for several months.  See, busy lives. =)

After D's wrestling match yesterday I ran 5 miles on the treadmill.  My hip still really bothers me, especially today.  I really, really need to force myself to roll it out more often.  Monday I rolled it before bed, woke up and did it, did it at lunch and again before bed on Tuesday and it really, really helped.  However, yesterday I rolled it for only a short amount of time and it hurts pretty bad today.  I was just too lazy yesterday and today to get my butt out of bed and do it in the morning.  I thought about it, but instead laid in bed another 10 min.

I have to figure out when I'm going to run this weekend, and where.  When I think of running at my parents' house all I can think of is all the hills everywhere.  There is no straight area, at all, around their house.  If I'm not going down, I'm going up, and if I'm not going up, I'm going down.  So then I think I'll just run on their treadmill, but I really shouldn't automatically gravitate towards that.  So I don't know what I'm going to do.  =/  On one hand I know all the hills would be good exercise, on the other hand, they're a real pain in the butt . . . literally and figuratively.  =)
This was Tuesday, he was soooo cute.  He just barely got it off
the floor and then would drop it, thankfully, not on his toes.


No comments:

Post a Comment