Thursday, March 7, 2013

20 lbs lost??

I'm a little excited for my weigh in tomorrow.  Now that I've said that it's going to be bad.  I've weighed myself every morning since getting back from Disneyland and I have weighed between 155 and 156 every morning.  It's exciting to see such a big drop after a vacation.  =)  This morning I weighed myself at 4am when I got up to use the restroom and it was 156.2.  I've noticed that when I weigh myself that early and then again when I wake up for the day the number is almost always a little higher the second time.  I have never figured out why, both times I use the bathroom before weighing myself and I don't drink or eat anything while I'm sleeping, but this morning the number was down to 155 when I woke up for the day.  =)  I guess we'll see what the scale looks like tomorrow. . . 
Dare I post this on my Scale
Obsession page yet as my 20 lb
 weight loss??
I am desperately trying to catch up on all my blog reading.  It doesn't help that I was a week behind when I went on vacation, so now I'm two weeks behind. . .  Anyway, yesterday I was reading Christy at The Dorky Runner and she talked about setting the treadmill on a low speed and just running until she was tired and "done."  Since my Monday run was so easy, I thought I'd try that yesterday.  I grabbed an audiobook and set my treadmill to 6.0mph (10min/mile).  My comfortable speed is around 6.7-7.0 mph (about a 9min/mile and lower), so I figured a 6 would be super easy.  I was thinking while I was running and realized that if I went 90 min, which was kinda my goal, I would have run 9 miles.  I didn't really want to run 9 miles, not because I didn't think I could, but 9 miles in the middle of the week is kind of worrisome because of soreness and tiredness.  So I decided I would just run 60 min, or 6 miles. 

Seriously, 60 min at 10 min/mile was super easy for me.  When did running become so easy??  I don't want to diminish the hardness of it for others at all and it was hard for me at one time too, but for me, yesterday, it was really easy.  I got off and felt like I could have easily done another 30 min.  I think this weekend I am going to run 90 min on the treadmill.  I just want to see how I feel.  Running outside is so much harder, there are so many hills in this area, that flat running is impossible for long periods of time.  I do set my treadmill at a 1% incline (or higher) and running at one speed is so much easier than the natural fluctuates that I normally have while I run outside.

Another inspiration idea came to me after reading this post from Miss Meagan Sue Ann.  She talks about her workout room. And I was really, really jealous.  My "workout room" is a treadmill in my unusable-as-a-carport carport.  However, while I was running yesterday I started looking around, and I could totally stencil sayings in different places in the carport.  Right next to the treadmill, on the door, and especially on the rafters that I stare at while on the treadmill.  I think that might be a fun project.  Now I just need to get the supplies and do it.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment