Thursday, March 14, 2013

oops!

I didn't realize I didn't post this yesterday!  I completely thought I did . . . so, this is for yesterday.  =)

Well, I have not much to talk about today.  Yesterday I decided to not do zumba because of my hip.  It is feeling so much better after rolling it several times a day, I even canceled my dr appt.  But I thought it would be good for me to rest yesterday.  Well, I didn't really rest, I ended up doing a 30 min (at least) kettle bell exercise and then some Just Dance 4 (which I hadn't done yet and have had the DVD for a couple weeks).  It wasn't a ton, but I made poor choices in my eating yesterday (not really what I ate, but when, I top loaded and then was starving by evening time so I ended up eating more in the evening because I was so hungry) and I wanted to burn some of the extra calories.  =)

Today, Damian has a wrestling match, so I have to go to that.  I will hopefully run after that, but that makes for a very late run.  I wish I had thought of that yesterday, oh well, I guess I can take two rest days in a row. 

Kristin at Running with the Runner Girl answered some Liebster Award questions yesterday (11 of them mine) and then asked some of her own that I thought were interesting.  She didn't nominate anyone, so I thought I'd answer them.  =)
  1. What is your favorite movie? I go in spurts, I tend to watch one movie a lot (I mean at least a part of it everyday) for awhile and then I get tired of it and move on.  I cycle through my favorites, so the movies I watch and get tired of will come back around in the cycle.  Right now I am repeatedly watching Bridget Jones's Diary (I just read the book and decided to watch the movie).  One other movie that I tend to watch obsessively is EverAfter, but I'm pretty sick of it right now, it'll make it back to my list in a few months.  =)
  2. What is your favorite ethnic cuisine? I love, really love, chinese food.  Unfortunately there isn't a really fabulous chinese restaruant in my town, so I try to get it regularly when I visit my sister.
  3. Describe a fun day for you (cost, work obligations, child care not a factor). On a summer weekend, going to my parents house and going out on my dad's boat.  He has a tube that he pulls us on, and soaking up the sun, having a picnic.  Already I'm longing for the summer.  =) 
  4. What was your favorite book (or books) as a child? I read a lot when I was young . . . well, I still do, but I think the one book I read over and over was Are you There God, It's Me, Margaret.  I also loved a series by L.M. Montgomery, that I can't remember, but is not Anne of Green Gables, and Harriet the Spy, and all the Babysitter Club books.  The L.M. Montgomery series (I wish I could think of the name, I have them at home) made me want to be a writer.  =)  There were many more that I loved, but I can't think of them all right now.  =)
  5. What are your favorite scents? Roses, lilacs, freshly mown grass in the heat, the smell of my kids fresh out of the bath, or the smell of them just after they've played outside (well, not so much Damian, he's getting old).
  6. What is one (or more) food that you really like that others might think is strange? licorice with popcorn
  7. What is one thing that would be on your bucket list, if you had one? I want to do a tri-athalon.
  8. Where would you like to go that you have never been before? I would love to go to Italy.
  9. What is your favorite genre of book? Right now I read a lot of "girly" books, not romances, just ones that are aimed for the female population, for example, Bridget Jones's Diary.  Most of the books I have been reading also have some romance (not "dirty" romance) and/or mystery/drama.  I don't know what the genre is called.  I also like true crime (mostly Ann Rule) and cop-type books (Patricia Cornwell).
  10. What is something you are really looking forward to? I have some fun summer things going on this year that I'm looking forward to, but none of them are for sure yet.  Possibly a class reunion for my high school, it's my 18th reunion, and there isn't a "formal" reunion happening, but one of my classmates is trying to set something up because it's been a long time.  I, hopefully, will be doing the Dirty Dash in June with Chris and some friends.  I am going to sign up for a half-marathon.  hmmm . . . whatelse?  Oh, we are going camping with my parents and a good friend of mine.  =) My sister and I are planning on a weekend in Vancouver, BC.  (see why I'm looking forward to the summer already?)  =)

  11. Who is your celebrity doeppelganger? I don't know.  =)
They said Sarah Jessica Parker, I don't see it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment