I think I need to go back to the dr. A while ago, right after my calf started feeling better in the summer, my hip started acting up. I went to the dr then and he said it was nothing serious and "give it time," if it doesn't get better then maybe physical therapy. It got better, but it flairs up every so often. It was starting to hurt again before Disneyland and then felt great during and just after Disneyland, but yesterday (Sunday) and today (Monday) it hurts really, really bad.
I even bought a foam roller to see if that was the issue, but I don't feel any benefits of it. Maybe because I don't do it often enough, I don't know. Anyway, I think I need to go back to the dr and get a referral for a physical therapist or something. Today (Monday) it hurts very badly, so badly I'm thinking of not running this afternoon. I don't want to take a rest day, I want to hit 100 miles this month, but I think I may need to. =(
When I went home last night (again, Monday), Chris asked me if I wanted to go out with some friends for "girls night" at a local bar. I haven't been out in a long, long time, so I said sure, but I decided to go ahead and run because I knew I wasn't going to eat well. I ran 4 miles on my treadmill. My hip was killing me, so I rolled it, and it really didn't do very much.
While we were at the bar I was rubbing my hip a little because it hurt and I found the culprit to my pain. I had a knot in it that felt as hard (and as big) as a knuckle on my hand. I didn't even know that you could get knots like that in your hips. I've had bad knots in my back and shoulders but never guessed I could have one like that in my hip. Anyway, throughout the night I periodically massaged the knot and this morning I got up and rolled it first thing. It is feeling a bit better, and I can't feel the knot so much. I guess I just need to be more faithful at the foam rolling.
I didn't run for 90 min on the treadmill this weekend. I was going to do it Saturday, but it was a BEAUTIFUL day here, and I couldn't waste it by running on a stinking treadmill. I only went 6 miles, but it was a beautiful 6 miles. =) I was going to run on the treadmill on Sunday, but then my "roommate" wanted to run with me. She just started running on my treadmill and enjoys it, so I told her I would do a short (slow) run with her, so we did 1.25 miles and then I did another 6 later in the day. By the time I got home I was having problems walking (because of my hip).
I spent quite a lot of time this weekend trying to catch up on my blog reading, however, I was 2 weeks behind and I have a 1 1/2 year old, so I didn't get all the way caught up. I'm now only a week behind. =) Slowly but surely I'll catch up. I wish I could put them in audiobook form on my phone and then listen to them while I run. =) It would be cool to hear them all in the authors' voices.
He's eating the rest of my lemon here. He loved it, he's only squinting because of the flash on the camera. Although, he looks like he may have had too much to drink. =)
|Don't let the picture fool you, he's a bundle of energy.|
1. What did you eat for dinner last night? Nachos
2. If you could make one food calorie-free for the next year, What would you choose? Does wine count as a food??
3. How often do you go to the grocery store? We go once a week. We were going almost everyday and both Chris and I would argue over having been at the store everyday, sometimes 2 times a day. We decided to start a grocery list and go once a week. It has made shopping much better, although I hate shopping days.
4. Do you make a list before buying groceries? Yes =)
5. List three things that can always be found in your kitchen. Oatmeal, milk, spinach
6. How often do you clean out your fridge? Not as often as it should be.
7. Do you ever use a slow cooker? If so, will you share a recipe? Some, not a lot.
8. How often do you try new recipes? For awhile I was trying new recipes often, however, I don't as much anymore. I've found a good group of food I like and I tend to shift through them. However, if I come across something on Pinterest I'll definitely try it.
9. What is the most delicious meal(s) you make? I make a great pork chop in white wine sauce, pair that with mashed potatoes and yum! I also make a good chicken and mushroom gravy, and then there's the healthy general tsao's that I found on pinterest. Now I'm hungry. =)
10. Share at least one thing that is currently in your kitchen even though you don’t like it. Chris loves Hamburger Helper Potato Stragonoff, which I hate, but we always have a box. He also loves beer, and I hate it, so we always have that too.