Friday, August 31, 2012

Vanity Sizing

I had a pretty long post typed up yesterday about my day on Wednesday (which wasn't a good day) however, I decided to put off posting it because I wanted to think about it before I put out for the world (8 people) to see.  I'm glad I did.  I'm not as mad as I was and I don't want to give the wrong impression about anyone in my life.  I love my life dearly and am so happy to be surrounded by such loving people, especially Chris, and I don't want to give anyone the opportunity to think badly of my loved ones. 

I will tell you that Chris did something Wednesday that made me so angry I cried from anger, which I have never done.  What he did was dangerous and stupid and I had typed up (in my anger) a long post about it.  But he feels extremely remorseful and bad about it so there's no need to continue to harp on it in my head, which having it on here would do.  All is well, everyone is safe and happy.  =)

I decided not to run yesterday.  I was planning on it, but I've only had one day off of running this week so I decided I'd take another.  I did do my kettlebell workout and I did lots of crunches and some push-ups.  I did 25 push-pus and my arms were like jelly afterwards.  I wish they were stronger.  But I guess the kettlebell and the push-ups will make them stronger.  =)

I am doing absolutely nothing for Labor Day this year.  I am going to run every day this weekend, and will maybe try a long run.  It is hard for me to realize that my long run this week will be 4 miles when a couple months ago I was doing that on a daily basis.  I am looking forward to my really boring weekend. Actually, I will have to take Damian school shopping.  School starts on Wednesday and he really needs some clothes and some school supplies.  :-)

I went to Goodwill on Wednesday with Damian to get some jeans.  We were able to get 6 pairs of jeans, a shirt for me, and a coffee mug for $39.  I love finding good clothes at Goodwill, or Value Village.  But Damian has a hard time finding shirts that he likes there, and Middle School is such a fashion show that I can't bare to let him go wearing crappy shirts.  ; )  Seriously, he's gotten pretty picky about his clothes, so I'm willing to go somewhere else for shirts.  Jeans are so expensive though, and you can usually find good ones at second hand stores.

I hate vanity sizing.  I don't know if you've heard of it, but it's where manufacturers, or stores, or whoever, decided to make a size 12 a size 10 or a size 10 a size 8, just so when someone goes to try on a size 12 pair of pants they are pleasantly surprised to find that they are too big and go get size 10 pants.  However, because of "vanity sizing" the size 12 are now actually a 14 and the 10 are a 12.  (Am I being confusing?)  I have a good picture of it here.  Anyway, the last pairs of pants I bought about 10 months ago or so have been falling off of me.  So I decided to get some pants at Goodwill.  The pants that were falling off are a size "10" and since they were too big, but knowing that some pants run big, I decided to go to the size 10 section at Goodwill.  It was very frustrating to try on 6 pairs of pants and half of them were too small.  They should have been too big since the pants I own are a "10" and are too big.  =(  Anyway, I ended up finding 3 pairs that were in the 10 section that fit pretty good.  One of them I can't find a size on them, but I'm thinking, from how big they are they are probably a 12. 

That last paragraph feels really confusing, so I'm hoping you followed okay.  =)

Next week I am going to go to Leavenworth with my sister for a strictly girls weekend.  I am looking forward to it so much.  It was supposed to be a celebration for me stopping breast feeding, but I am still nursing Maddox before he goes to bed.  I know it's not much, but I didn't do it a couple weeks ago and I hurt so bad.  So we'll see how I feel after a weekend.  Maybe that's how I'll stop, I am kinda tired of doing it, so I don't mind if he is uninterested or my milk dries up by the time I get back. 

Well, I guess I will get off my butt and go run. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment