Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Kettlebells and Margaritas

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’ve quit updating my weight.  This has been a sore point with me.  Every single morning for the last 2 weeks, I have weighed 165.8.  That exact number, no variations.  I have had a few lower numbers (even 161.8 once) and some higher ones (168 last night!) at various times during the day, but 165.8 has been the number I am when I’m naked in the morning after using the bathroom.  It is incredibly discouraging for me, but I also realize that I haven’t been extremely active the last few weeks.  This week I started running again.  I’ve logged 7 miles since Friday.  I did 7 miles in two days June30th and July1st.  So it’s a bit discouraging as well, but I’m happy to be running again.  Anyway, this week I have also been counting calories.  I am really bad at it, but I realize I need to in order to lose anymore weight.  I have been trying to watch what I eat, instead of a small bowl of butterfinger ice cream (yum!!) I ate a carrot.  30 calories instead of 110 . . .
Monday I did 3 workouts.  Chris worked late and I wanted to run but didn’t want to take Maddox.  So while I waited for him to come home I did Just Dance for a half hour.  He got home and because of his incredibly long day on Sunday, and then another long day Monday he wanted to take a nap (he has Tues-Thurs off).  So while he took a nap I did some sit-ups  and then decided to try a couple of workouts I had found on Pinterest. 



Those kettlebell swings really worked me out.  Yesterday I woke up feeling a little sore, but this morning I could barely crawl out of my bed.  My legs are really sore, probably from the squats.
Anyway, after Chris woke up I went for a 2.4 mile run, and was mostly uphill.  This particular route had become my favorite run right before I went on vacation in June and then hurt my leg when I came home.  It is a 4 mile run, and I love it, uphill at the beginning (which I don’t really love) but that means it’s all downhill going home (which I love and makes me feel like I had a good run afterwards).   There was no way I would have been able to do the full 4 miles this time, but I really enjoyed the 2.4 I did do. 
Actually I modified it a little this time and ended up going through a cemetery.  I have always loved cemeteries.  I wrote a post about it a couple days after Memorial Day.  You can read it here.  Anyway, while I was running through the cemetery on Monday I was straining my neck looking at all the dates and headstones.  I would like to wander that cemetery extensively and look for the gentleman that owned our house before we bought it.  I’m sure I could find him an easier way, but an excuse to wander the cemetery is always good.  =)
Yesterday I did not exercise at all.  We went out on a date.  Immediately after work we were going to go to a movie, but our babysitter had an appt and didn’t get there in time for us to go to the early movie.  Instead we went to Walmart to do a little shopping (how lame, our date started at Walmart).  Then we spent 2 and a half hours at the Outback Steakhouse (waiting for our movie).  It was a really good meal.  I felt like I made mediocre meal choices, I stopped eating the blooming onion before it was gone, I had a salad, and instead of a big steak I had grilled lobster (which the menu said was lower calorie) and I didn’t eat all the potato.  However, I had a really good margarita and then Chris ordered a sample margarita mix for me (3 different margaritas in smaller glasses).  Because it was spaced out over a large amount of time, I didn’t feel buzzed when we left, but I felt really, really full.  I was trying to avoid that, but I eat too quickly (always have) and didn’t realize how full I was until we were walking to the car. 
 We saw The Campaign with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis.  It was pretty good. Will Ferrell movies are hit or miss for me.  Sometimes I like them and sometimes I don't.  Usually the reason I don't like them is because they can get really corny and over-the-top stupid funny.  This one definitely had some of that in the middle of the movie, where I was thinking I just want it to be over and go home, but it ended good.  I think I liked it.  =)
Today I’m going to run again and do the kettlebell swing exercise.  I like the feel of the sore muscles and want them to get stronger.  I think I will incorporate that exercise into my weekly routine.  I really like it.  And I am thinking I’ll look up some more kettlebell exercises.  =)

1 comment:

  1. OMG I LOVE cemteries!!! People usually think I'm totally crazy or just weird.LOL Glad that there are others out there who love them too!!:)

    ReplyDelete