Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Friday!

I finally went to my Scale Obsession page and updated the weight.  Maybe it was only because I saw 163.0 on the scale today . . . I'd like it to be because I'm trying to be honest, but I think it was just because I saw a lower number.  Anyway, it's nice to see a lower number today.  However, how honest is that number when I see 165.8 everyday?  Although, yesterday I saw 164.8, so that is a positive thing.  I've been thinking of doing an average for a more accurate account of my weight.  Every time I step on the scale I write it down (and I'll admit, I step on it multiple times a day).  So this last week for 5 days, in the morning, I saw 165.8.  Once I saw 168, and once I saw 161.8 and yesterday I saw 164.8 and today 163. Obviously, my math is wrong because it came out to 128.8  =)  But I like that number.  The real number is 165.2 . . . ugh!  How frustrating, but could I expect anything less?

Anyway, today I'm going to eastern WA again.  This time to pick up Damian.  He's been there for the last 2 weeks.  I don't really want to go.  I've been over a lot in the last few months and I've had a really busy summer, so it would be nice to just chill at home.  Next weekend will be busy getting ready for school.  Although, I'll try to do it over the week because I don't like waiting till the VERY last min. 

I feel kinda guilty, and you can't tell Damian, but I haven't missed him much this year.  He has been going over there for 3 or 4 years for a couple weeks in the summer and every time before this I have missed him a lot.  However, this year, I barely noticed he was gone.  I'm sure it's because he's almost 14 (ugh! I can't believe I just said that) and he's gotten a lot more independent.  He sleeps till noon and then goes to friends' houses.  I hadn't seen him a ton this summer anyway. 

When I was younger I went to summer camp for a week every year.  I would fantasize about seeing my parents at the end of the week and how they would be SOOOOO excited to see me.  They would run up and give me a huge hug and tell me how much I was missed.  That never happened.  My parents love me, and they are great parents, but they have 4 daughters and I was almost always gone during harvest, the busiest time of the year.  I doubt they noticed I was gone.  But I was so bummed when I didn't ever get that hug from them.  I MUST remember this when Damian comes home from visiting my parents every year.  No matter how old he is.  I'm sure he has the same type of thoughts I did about how much I'm supposed to miss him.

This morning I literally dragged myself out of bed to run.  I HATE early mornings.  But last night I ate like crap.  Seriously, I did soooo good all day, and then I decided to cook dinner because Chris was busy.  (He normally cooks Thursday night.)  It was an easy dinner, Banquet fried chicken (I know, very healthy), mashed potatoes, and corn.  I love Banquet fried chicken.  I think it's the crust/skin that I like the most (the healthiest part, right?) Well, I limited myself to one piece of white meat (I like the dark meat) and a small helping of potatoes.  Ugh, then I went in a half hour or so after dinner and had a piece of dark meat.  And THEN I was on facebook and a friend said she was going to cook a cake in a mug, yum!  So I thought, it's been a long time since I had one of those, so I made one . . .  with butterfinger ice cream.  It was delicious.  My only saving grace is that instead of getting more ice cream to finish off the "cake" when I ran out, I threw the rest of the cake away.  (This is why the scale always says 165.8.)

 Also, I won't have time later tonight because I'm going to my parents' house.  And I didn't run yesterday. (I pushed myself too hard Wednesday and my leg was really sore, so I decided to give it a rest and I'm glad I did, it felt fine today.) So after thinking of all of this at 5:30am, I decided I needed to go run. I do like the feel of an early morning run.  I like how I feel the rest of the day.  I just really, really hate getting out of bed in order to do it.  And I'm kinda scared to run in the dark, and it's definitely not light out at 5:30am, at least not anymore.  I don't know what I'm going to do this winter when it's dark by the time I get home.  =/  I'm gonna have to get a reflective jacket. 
 I don't normally agree with this saying because I like to run in the afternoon/evening, but if you're going to run in the morning, get up before you can think too much about it, otherwise you'll never get up. =)

2 comments:

  1. The older kids get..the harder it may be to connect with them...my oldest is 14 as well...luckily we are still close...but he is becoming more independent, sleeps til noon (I think it's a rule or something!!)LOL Don't forget to give him a hug when you see him.:) I'm sorry that your parents didn't do that for you when you were younger. Parents have to realize that though it may not be totally important to them to show their affection, it's really important to the child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is a complete and total Mama's boy. I love him to death, and no matter how old he has gotten he still takes a little time to sit with me. Granted, it's not as much as it used to be, but I'll take whatever he'll give. =)

      Delete