Monday, August 13, 2012

What a long week!

I can't believe I went a whole week without posting anything.  I told myself when I started this that I would post every single day.  Well, that quickly turned into everyday except on the weekends.  And here it is 100 posts in and I went an entire week!  And the week before that it was sporadically. Hopefully you all are still reading even though I've been MIA. I will endeavor to be better.  I think my brain doesn't work as well when I'm not running . . . and I'm still not running.  =(

Maddox in my Dad's boots

I went to my parents' house last weekend.  While I was there I decided to go for a walk and maybe run a little and see how my leg was.  I ran a little and felt great.  No pains, nothing.  When I got home I talked Chris into going for a walk with a little bit of a run with me and he agreed.  Again, no problems at all with my leg.   So the next day I went for a run with some walking and my leg started hurting again.  Ugh!!  However, it's not terrible.
While at my parents' house I like to sit on their front porch and drink my coffee in the morning.  They have tons of birds and you can't beat the view.

view from my parents' front porch
My nephew came back with me on Tuesday.  We did a lot of things, and I am exhausted!  We actually started out at my parents' house over the weekend.  Sunday we went boating with my parents, that was a lot of fun. 
Maddox's first boat ride
Damian on the tube =)

Monday we went swimming at a local lake. 

Tuesday we came home, a 4 hour drive that took 7 hours. My car started overheating on the way up the first hill to go up the mountains. I stopped in Ellensburg, which is about halfway, and had a mechanic look at it. After 3 hours and $82 dollars later it was determined that my radiator cap was bad and I needed a new one. Thankfully, that was all it was, but it made the day really, really long.

Wednesday we went to the Skagit County Fair. 



After the fair on Wednesday we went to a drive in theater and watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days and Batman: Dark Knight Rises.



Thursday we went to Lake Padden and went swimming.  (Which I got no pictures of because I forgot.)

Friday we went to visit my sister and went to Jetty Island and then to the local swimming pool. 


Friday evening my sister came over with her daughter to pick up my nephew.  Saturday we were supposed to go back to Lake Padden to swim however, my sister didn't feel like going so I took all the kids to a park that has water sprinklers.


And yesterday they went home, taking Damian to my parents' house for 2 weeks. It was very warm here, so I took Maddox outside to play in the sprinkler.

Whew!  I am exhausted just thinking about it all!

I have so much more to write about, but this has turned into quite a long post with all the pictures, so maybe I'll save the rest for tomorrow.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment