Saturday, August 4, 2012

If it's good enough for Lance Armstrong . . .

I started this yesterday (Friday) and forgot to finish it.  Sorry!

I have not fallen off the face of the Earth.  I know all 7 of you were worried.  =)  I just haven't had a lot to talk about lately.  I am still unable to run, which is really, really frustrating for me. I have been trying to walk to work everyday, however, sometimes I need my car, so I have to drive.  Tuesday and Thursday this week I drove.  However, on Tuesday I was able to get a 4 mile walk in after work.  Thursday, Damian had his Little League All-Stars BBQ celebrating the end of the season so I wasn't able to do any type of exercise.  Immediately after leaving work I had to go to the bbq and we didn't get home till after 8pm. 

The numbers on the scale started out great this week.  I was seeing 162's and 162's (even saw 157, I was jumping up and down then I realized the scale was sitting on a plastic hanger making it incorrect).  Then Thursday I saw 165 again.  It's so frustrating!  I know I could do better on the eating, and I could find some sort of worthwhile exercise to do on the TV.  It's just so boring to exercise to the TV.  I weighed myself after walking home on Friday and I was 162.8, so that's not bad.  :-)

This morning I went to eastern WA to pick up my nephew.  I am here till Tuesday and then he's coming back with me for the rest of the week.  I hope to do lots of active activities and maybe by the end of the week I'll be able to run again.

Tomorrow my parents are planning on taking us boating. I'm super excited about that.  Riding the inner tube behind the boat is really good exercise and I think I'm going to try to squeeze in some regular swimming as well.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Last year I didn't make it on the boat because I was pregnant in the beginning of the summer and then had a newborn the rest of the summer.

I have been thinking about getting some sort of tape to put on my calf so I can run, I've seen it on athletes on the Olympics, and saw a commercial for it, but can't remember what's it's called.  I was wondering if it would help.  I guess I'll have to google search it and see what I can find out.

After a google search I found this article, and it sound like I have Calf strain grade 1.  Everything sounds almost exactly like what happened.  It says that it should only take 2 weeks to heal, however, I went running last weekend and probably damaged it again, so I think I have to start my two weeks over from last Saturday.  =( 

I was also able to find an article about kinesio tape, however, it's an article saying there is very little evidence suggesting that the tape is helpful. Here is an interesting page about a specific brand of kinesio tape and here is another interesting site.  Apparently, Lance Armstrong has been using it for a long time.

My Mom suggested that I put an ace bandage on my leg when I go running, so I may try that . . . next weekend. 

I will try to do better about posting.  I don't like the fact that I went almost 5 days without posting anything.  I think running makes my brain work better and gives me something to talk about.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment