Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Morning run and crazy neighbors continued

Yesterday we went back to Oak Harbor for another baseball game.  I was hoping we'd win, because then we'd be done and they'd be going to the State tournament.  However, they lost, so we have to go back tonight. 

As I was driving there yesterday evening, I passed a ton of people running.  I was so jealous because I hadn't run since Saturday.  I seriously don't remember ever seeing that many runners during one drive, unless they were all together for a group or race or something. 

I decided that I needed to run today, but since we have to go back to Oak Harbor (an hour drive) and the games tend to last 3+ hours, I would have to run this morning.  Which actually I've been thinking about doing anyway (morning running) because it gets so warm here in the evening.  I realize my warm to most of the country's warm is different, but I did grow up in eastern WA where 100+ temps are common in the summer.  BUT I've never run in that kind of heat, and I've lived here for 11 years (wow! I can't believe it's been that long!!), so my body is pretty acclimated to this weather (except the rain, I hate the rain). 

Anyway, it's around 80 degrees here right now, and the hottest part of the day is still a couple hours away, so it's probably better that I ran in the morning.  However, if it wasn't for the baseball game this evening, my bed would have won the battle.  My alarm went off at 5:15am, and at first I didn't know what was making the sound.  When I finally figured out what it was, I turned it off and rolled over, then I remembered that if I didn't get up now, I would not be able to run today.  I closed my eyes and almost ignored that thought.  However, I hate going so many days without running, so I got up.  It was hard.  I think it was the hardest run I've had to force myself to do, even counting when I first started a year and a half ago.
Thanks Amanda for letting me steal your picture.  =)
Without the threat of a baseball game tomorrow, I don't know if I'll be able to force myself up in the morning.  Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, not by much, but cooler, so I don't know if the thought of a hot run will be enough to propel me out of bed like the thought of no run does.

Remember this post about my crazy neighbors?  So this morning when I went outside to start my run, I was fiddling with my phone, setting up the mapmyrun app and turning on music when I saw my neighbor lady come out of her house.  I ducked back behind a bush, and then felt silly.  I shouldn't have to hide from my neighbors.  I HATE seeing her around.  Even though she apologized and all, she still glares at me and is just plain unpleasant for me to be around.  I can feel the hate emanating from her across our driveways.  Anyway, after deciding I was being stupid and realizing she wasn't going to leave right away I decided to just go for my run, which started out going right by her house and right behind the car she was sitting in. 

I know where she works (before the attack she talked to me some and told me) and I know that it is just down the road and just off the road we live on.  It's a straight shot.  I was hoping I could get to the intersection and turn before she passed me, which I did, but then she turned and passed me anyway (going the wrong way for her job).  I thought that was strange, but whatever and kept going.  Then halfway up the hill (for me) I see her pass me again going back towards her house.  I thought to myself that she was going home to check on her husband to make sure he wasn't going to meet me.  I continued on my slow run. (Seriously, it was a whole 30sec/mile slower than my average pace is normally.  9min/mile instead of 8:30 min/mile This is one of the reasons I don't like morning runs.)

I didn't think anything about my neighbors again until lunch time.  I go home for lunch, I started when I was breast feeding Maddox and never stopped.  So I get home and Heather, the girl who is living with us, told me that she was on my treadmill (remember I put it in the carport).  When she got off, she was folding it up and turned around and my neighbor guy was staring at her.  She said it was pretty creepy.  He started talking to her and told her that his wife ripped into him because I went running this morning, and it's an unusual time for me to go running, so obviously he was planning on meeting me.  See, I told you that's why she went home . . .

Anyway, I guess after he told Heather that, he then went on to say that Heather and him could have sex and his wife would never suspect it because she's so focused on me.  (This guy is my age and Heather is 21.)  Heather told me that she felt really, really uncomfortable.  She felt like she was 17 again and some old man was hitting on her.  The whole thing is just creepy and gross.  They obviously have problems and it pisses me off that they have to include my household in them. 

3 comments:

  1. Um, EEUUUWW! The neighbor situation is horrible! And you can't really do anything because they haven't actually threatened you or anything. Ugh...I wish I had some advice for you but, luckily, I've never had to deal with anything like that. I guess I would just say to try and avoid him (and her) as much as possible--but don't let it upset your life. If you want to go running at an unusual time, just do it...let them be crazy by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to let them live their lives and not interact. It's very hard to ignore the glares and the hate the emanates off her every time I see her though. =(

      Delete
  2. First of all, I am glad you got your run in! I bet you feel good that you did. :)

    Secondly, EW EW EW and now I am off to read your crazy neighbor story, lol

    ReplyDelete