Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weekend update

I am so far behind on my reading of other's blogs.  I swore this weekend I would set aside some time to catch up and I didn't.  I am still on 4th of July weekend, which reminds me that I didn't talk about my 4th of July at all.  (We did a bbq with friends, the boys enjoyed blowing things up.)  =)  When I am this far behind I feel guilty about writing when I'm not caught up on reading, which is why I didn't post anything yesterday. 

Once again my weekend was jammed packed, even though I wanted it to be a lazy weekend.  Chris told me last Thursday that his schedule is going back to 4/10's which means he will no longer have Sundays off, he will have Tues-Thurs off again.  Which meant that this Sunday was his last Sunday off. 

Saturday I did manage to have a lazy day.  I laid outside and let Maddox play in the sprinkler.  I did a lot of reading and a lot of nothing, which was nice.  =)

We had already planned on going to the Highland Games here on Sunday, but then after finding out he won't have any weekend days off now, I really wanted to go to a lake somewhere and go swimming.  We decided to go to the Highland Games in the morning and a lake in the afternoon/evening.  We invited Heather (our "housemate") and her boyfriend and brother, they invited the bf's friend (all under the age of 25). 

I wanted to do a long run, so I thought I'd get up early and do it and then we could go to the Games.  However, Maddox slept in, which meant that I slept in.  I didn't get up until 8:30, and wasn't out the door for my run until 9:30.  It was already hot (I live in the Pacific Northwest, so our version of hot isn't the same as other's version of hot).  I haven't done a long run in a while, so I decided to "only" go 8 miles because I didn't know if I still had the stamina to do longer.  I think the 8 miles was perfect, it was hot, and I needed to get out of our house earlier rather than later.

We didn't get to the Games until about 11am, but it turned out to be a good thing because none of the actual "games" started until after noon.  We were glad we didn't go earlier because we probably would have left right away thinking it was lame and wondering what the point of Highland "Games" was if there were no actual "games."  =)  We ended up staying until 3pm.  Those Scottish boys in their kilts, well, let's just say it was a hot day in more than one way.  =) 
Hay bale toss

Over a 28 foot high pole

Log toss


After the Games we went up to Lake Padden with our friends.  I was a little disappointed in that trip.  It was fun, but I am almost 37 years old, hanging out with 20-somethings is not always fun.  Plus, the fact that we got there kinda late and the sun was already playing peek-a-boo with the trees, made it not as relaxing, or fun as it would have if we had been there earlier.  I ended up not swimming at all, which was my own fault.  I should have gone swimming with Damian, but I thought he would not have a good time if his Mom tagged along.  Looking back I think he would have appreciated it because the clan of 20-somethings kinda got wrapped up in themselves and didn't pay much attention to him.   Anyway, if we make it to a lake again this summer, I will do it differently.  =)




Yesterday I was going to run in the evening, but I worked later than I normally do, and by the time I got home (which was still only 5) I was worn out, so I decided not to run.  I don't have set days to run, I just take a rest day as it comes, and as long as I'm running at least 4 days (preferably 5).  This weekend I'm headed to Spokane for D's All-Stars state tournament, so no running on Saturday or Sunday, which means I'll have to get up early Friday to get a run in.

I should have run yesterday because today is supposed to be hotter.  Oh well, I will just have to wait till 7 or 8 to run.  I don't mind running that late, but I feel like I have to wait to eat dinner until after my run and I hate eating that late.  I think tonight I will try to eat before I run, which means no wine with dinner.  =/ 

By the way, thank you to Melinda and MaryFran on the comments on my last post about having another child.  I called yesterday to make an appt with my dr to take my birth control out.  =)  Hopefully it won't affect my running too much.  As MaryFran said, I am much farther along in my running now than I was when I got pregnant with Maddox.  =)   

No comments:

Post a Comment