Wednesday, July 3, 2013

FMM - On a Wednesday =)

Chris at Wisdom, Courage, Power decided to host his own Friend Makin' Monday.  I'm so behind in my reading that I didn't see it until today.  I haven't done a FMM for a few weeks, so I thought I would do Chris's.  =)  Have an awesome day!

My Very Own 10 Random Questions

1. Did you set goals for the year? (I don’t necessarily mean weight loss or fitness goals even. Did you set out to learn to draw? complete a task? Go skydiving?) I didn't really.  I sorta decided I wanted to run more, and possibly run a half marathon.  I don't believe in New Year's resolutions, so I guess I avoid the New Year goal making craze.  If you want to change, change now, you don't need to wait till New Year's day, or Monday. . .

2. It’s the half way point of the year, how are you progressing on your goals?  I have been running more.  I have decided that I want to have an average of 100 miles per month.  I didn't reach 100 in Jan, Feb, May or June, but they are all in the 90 mile range.  So if I go a few extra miles for a few months it'll be a super easy goal to reach.  I also ran my first half marathon June 15th.

3. It’s a long weekend here in Canada and I know my American followers get the 4th off. How are you celebrating your countries birthday / Independence?  I don't know.  Chris and I talked about going to a nearby town for their logger rodeo.  We went last year with friends but they were so late that we missed most of the fun stuff.  We talked about trying to go earlier tomorrow so we can see the wood carving competition. 

4. Have you ever shot a gun? No, but I would really like to learn.  I think it's important to know how.

5. If your spouse or significant other was at work all weekend, every weekend how would you spend your time?  Funny you should ask that, Chris works weekends.  He just started getting Sundays off about a month ago.  I like to do my long run Saturday morning, then I usually lay around for awhile.  I will clean house and do some yard work.  Often I am taking Damian to some sort of sporting event.  About once a month I visit with my sister.

6. Do you have a pet that had some weird habit?  No, I don't think so.  Well, I guess my cat is super mean to certain people.  She's anti-social anyway, but Chris's good friend (who comes over often) is really, really not her favorite person.  She has attacked him for no reason more times than I can count.  One time we were away for the week and he came to our house to feed her and just check on stuff for us, and she lept off the couch, halfway across the room and attacked him, he didn't even try to pet her.  One day, he's going to need stitches.  =/

7. Would you rather go Skydiving or Bungee Jumping? (you can’t say neither)  I would love to do both, however, if I had to choose, I think I'd rather go skydiving.  That would be soooo fun!

8. What’s your favourite board game?  We don't play many board games.  We do play some other types of games when my family gets together, like Apples to Apples or Catch Phrase. 

9. Where would you like to go on a day trip? (In other words, what is exciting near you?  Deception Pass, Seattle (which we haven't done in a long, long time).  We haven't done lots of day trips because Chris and I have always had different days off.  With Chris having Sundays off now, I'd love to do more.

10. What is one thing you can’t live without?
I don't know.  My phone?  I can get online, I can read books, I can talk to people, it takes pictures. Smart phones can do almost everything now.  

Bonus. Who is your favourite person you follow on Twitter?
I have a twitter acct.  but I don't look at it hardly at all, so no one.

Go on over to Chris's page and read some more new people.  =)

If I get ambitious today, I'll write another post, although I don't have much to talk about, so I doubt it.  Tomorrow is the 4th of July, so I probably won't be back till Friday.  Have a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment