Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend recap and FMM

This weekend was kinda a bust running wise.  My sister and family came on Friday for the weekend.  I did run 4 miles, but it was on my treadmill.  I am not in love with my treadmill anymore.  It is tedious and rather boring.  (Oh what a few short months can do.) 

Then on Saturday my other sister came up to walk the Tulip Run with me.  I thought that she really wanted to do it.  I remember her asking me if we were going to do it.  I remember thinking that I wanted to run, but if she wanted to walk I would do it with her.  So I signed up knowing we would be walking the 5 miles instead of me running it.  When she got to my house it was sprinkling rain, so we drove to the location and parked.  By the time we got there, it was pouring.  We sat in the car for awhile trying to decide what to do.  We decided to flip a coin . . . heads we're doing it, tails no.  It was heads.  We both laughed and said 2 out of 3?  So she flipped it again and it was heads.  Ugh!  We got out of the car and walked maybe 10 feet and were soaked.  Finally she said, let's skip it, so I said okay.  =)  We got back in the car and drove back to Mt. Vernon.  When we got there it wasn't raining anymore so we decided to walk along the river, however, the rain started maybe 5 min after we started walking.  We finished our walk and were soaked so we went home.  We laughed about it and said that we paid $24 for some ugly tshirts (last year's were so cute).

However, the more I think about it, the more I regret my decision.  I know I wasn't going to run, I know my sister was there and REALLY didn't want to walk 5 miles in the downpour, but I just feel like maybe I should have done something different.  I have thought about it and thought that maybe I should have told her I was going to run it and she could wait for me in the car.  It would only be about 40-45 min (vs. an hour and a half walking).  But I didn't take my running gear.  I was wearing a jacket I wouldn't wear for running, and I didn't have the armband that I put my phone in while I run, nor did I have my headphones.  I suppose I could have run without the jacket (I would have froze to death at the beginning) and I could have left my phone behind (gasp! no music for 45 min??), but the truth is, I didn't even think about running it until yesterday. 

While we walked along the river we were talking about the Tulip Run.  She remembers our conversation much differently than me.  She remembers me asking her if she wanted to walk it again, and she remembers thinking that she thought I wanted to run it and she remembers not wanting to walk it but said yes anyway.  I don't know which version is right, we both have very poor memories, but whichever version was right, I wish one of us had said something about me running it.  If I had signed up to run it, I would have ran on Saturday.

After our failed Tulip Walk, we went to lunch and then got pedicures with my other sister.  My one sister went home after that and then I laid around all day with my other sister and her family and was just lazy.  I was going to hop on the treadmill, but I ended up not.  I felt like a slug, maybe it's the rain. =)


Yesterday it was pouring again.  (I don't know if you've been to western WA before, but the rain here is more of a constant drizzle, not big drops and it doesn't really pour.  Eastern WA is much, much drier and when it rains, it's really big drops.  That type of rain is unusual for western WA.)  Anyway, since I completely skipped Saturday I knew I had to run, and I didn't want to run on the treadmill.  I didn't really want to do a long run, but I kinda needed to.  I waited and waited and waited, and finally decided I just needed to go. I had waited long enough for the run that the downpour had stopped and it was the typical western WA drizzle.  I wasn't completely sure how long I was going to go for, but I just needed to get out the door.  I ended up doing 7 miles and it was a hard 7 miles for me.  However, I felt really, really good afterwards. 

It surprises me that I can forget how good I feel after a run.  Last week I seriously didn't feel like running at all.  I think I was lucky to get 17 miles in, but then I have one run and I remember why I love running.  I may not like it in the moment (sometimes I do, but not always) but the feeling afterwards is what drives me to go for another run the next day.

I got new shoes on Friday.  I love new shoes!  I could feel them gripping the pavement/sidewalk/boardwalk while I was running.  I was a little worried about the run on the boardwalk yesterday because of the slipperiness of the boards, but my new shoes gripped so well.  I could actually feel the grippiness of them.  =) 

On a side note, I started a new page on Facebook, come like me.  It's nothing special, but I might as well pimp myself out.  =) 

It is Monday, and that means Friend Makin' Monday.  =)

wpid-friend-makin-monday-for-post3-300x179.jpg
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
TV, Movies and Me

1. If you could be a recurring star on a show that is currently on TV, which show would you choose?  I would be a zombie on Walking Dead.  =)  However, I don't think those are recurring "stars"  =) 
2. Name the movie that you are most embarrassed to admit that you love. I'm not embarrassed about any movie I love.  Sometimes I wonder why everyone doesn't love it, like Nothing to Lose, that didn't get very good reviews but my sister and I watched that a million times and I still laugh when I see it.  =)
"I'm married!"  hahaha
3. Name one show that you’ve never seen and would love to watch.  I just watched Fried Green Tomatoes for the first time a few weeks ago, which was on my list forever.  It was really, really good, now I know what the hype was all about.  =)  I can't think of any other movies right now though I know I have lots.

4. Do you ever go to movies alone?  Absolutely, I love movies and if I didn't go by myself sometimes I wouldn't go at all. 

5. If you could only watch one TV show for the next year, which show would you choose and why?  I could never choose.  I get tired of shows and am glad for a break, but maybe Walking Dead (i'm sad it's over for the season) would be up there with one I could watch a lot of.  Maybe Game of Thrones (although I haven't watched it yet this season, but I will.)

6. If you could star in one reality show, which one would it be and why?  Amazing Race!  I would LOVE to be on that show. 

7. If someone rented a billboard for you, what would it say?  I don't know . . . "you are fabulous!"??  =) 

8. Who is the most famous person with whom you have been in the same room?  Not talking about concerts or theater?  No one. . .

9. If you were chosen to be a contestant on a TV game show, which show would you want to be on?  I don't know, I don't even know what game shows are on anymore.  I haven't watched one in forever. 

10. If there was a movie being made about you, which actor would you choose to play you? Emma Stone, because Chris loves her so I think he'd really love me then.  =)  haha Or he'd never look at me the same again and always be comparing me to her . . .

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! 

2 comments:

  1. The Walking Dead is my favorite show right now! I can't wait until it comes back in October. It seems like such a long time!

    Stopping by from FMM

    ReplyDelete