This weekend was kinda a bust running wise. My sister and family came on Friday for the weekend. I did run 4 miles, but it was on my treadmill. I am not in love with my treadmill anymore. It is tedious and rather boring. (Oh what a few short months can do.)
Then on Saturday my other sister came up to walk the Tulip Run with me. I thought that she really wanted to do it. I remember her asking me if we were going to do it. I remember thinking that I wanted to run, but if she wanted to walk I would do it with her. So I signed up knowing we would be walking the 5 miles instead of me running it. When she got to my house it was sprinkling rain, so we drove to the location and parked. By the time we got there, it was pouring. We sat in the car for awhile trying to decide what to do. We decided to flip a coin . . . heads we're doing it, tails no. It was heads. We both laughed and said 2 out of 3? So she flipped it again and it was heads. Ugh! We got out of the car and walked maybe 10 feet and were soaked. Finally she said, let's skip it, so I said okay. =) We got back in the car and drove back to Mt. Vernon. When we got there it wasn't raining anymore so we decided to walk along the river, however, the rain started maybe 5 min after we started walking. We finished our walk and were soaked so we went home. We laughed about it and said that we paid $24 for some ugly tshirts (last year's were so cute).
However, the more I think about it, the more I regret my decision. I know I wasn't going to run, I know my sister was there and REALLY didn't want to walk 5 miles in the downpour, but I just feel like maybe I should have done something different. I have thought about it and thought that maybe I should have told her I was going to run it and she could wait for me in the car. It would only be about 40-45 min (vs. an hour and a half walking). But I didn't take my running gear. I was wearing a jacket I wouldn't wear for running, and I didn't have the armband that I put my phone in while I run, nor did I have my headphones. I suppose I could have run without the jacket (I would have froze to death at the beginning) and I could have left my phone behind (gasp! no music for 45 min??), but the truth is, I didn't even think about running it until yesterday.
While we walked along the river we were talking about the Tulip Run. She remembers our conversation much differently than me. She remembers me asking her if she wanted to walk it again, and she remembers thinking that she thought I wanted to run it and she remembers not wanting to walk it but said yes anyway. I don't know which version is right, we both have very poor memories, but whichever version was right, I wish one of us had said something about me running it. If I had signed up to run it, I would have ran on Saturday.
After our failed Tulip Walk, we went to lunch and then got pedicures with my other sister. My one sister went home after that and then I laid around all day with my other sister and her family and was just lazy. I was going to hop on the treadmill, but I ended up not. I felt like a slug, maybe it's the rain. =)
It surprises me that I can forget how good I feel after a run. Last week I seriously didn't feel like running at all. I think I was lucky to get 17 miles in, but then I have one run and I remember why I love running. I may not like it in the moment (sometimes I do, but not always) but the feeling afterwards is what drives me to go for another run the next day.
On a side note, I started a new page on Facebook, come like me. It's nothing special, but I might as well pimp myself out. =)
It is Monday, and that means Friend Makin' Monday. =)
|"I'm married!" hahaha|
4. Do you ever go to movies alone? Absolutely, I love movies and if I didn't go by myself sometimes I wouldn't go at all.
5. If you could only watch one TV show for the next year, which show would you choose and why? I could never choose. I get tired of shows and am glad for a break, but maybe Walking Dead (i'm sad it's over for the season) would be up there with one I could watch a lot of. Maybe Game of Thrones (although I haven't watched it yet this season, but I will.)
6. If you could star in one reality show, which one would it be and why? Amazing Race! I would LOVE to be on that show.
7. If someone rented a billboard for you, what would it say? I don't know . . . "you are fabulous!"?? =)
8. Who is the most famous person with whom you have been in the same room? Not talking about concerts or theater? No one. . .
9. If you were chosen to be a contestant on a TV game show, which show would you want to be on? I don't know, I don't even know what game shows are on anymore. I haven't watched one in forever.
10. If there was a movie being made about you, which actor would you choose to play you? Emma Stone, because Chris loves her so I think he'd really love me then. =) haha Or he'd never look at me the same again and always be comparing me to her . . .
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!