Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Early morning

Yesterday I decided to take the day off of running.  I've been kicking around the idea of running less while I do the Insanity workouts.  However, I noticed after doing Insanity yesterday that even though I worked hard (my obliques are killing me today) and got a good sweat, it wasn't the same as the feeling after I run.  I guess that just proves my suspicions are true . . . I am a runner.  =)  Anyway, I really missed my run.

So . . . drum roll please . . . I got up this morning at the ungodly hour of 5:30am and went outside to run.  I seriously hate getting up so early (it's only 30 min earlier, but still, 30 min is 30 min).  =)  I was even able to drag myself out of bed after a horrible night's sleep.  I was up at least 4 times last night. 

I loved the feeling of running in the morning.  I met a fellow runner and she was bright eyed and chipper and said "good morning!"  I think I grunted a "morning" back.  =)  But I do like the cool air and the empty streets.  You know, when I see a runner in the early morning, I always think "they really love exercising to be out that early."  So I felt like that's what other people thought about me today.  =)  However, no audiobook for me today, I needed the music to get me motivated to get out the door.  Anyway, I felt great after my run and I'm planning on doing Insanity this afternoon. 

I think I'd like to try to get up on Thursday too, but I don't know if I'll be able to.  I'm able to drag myself out of bed about 1 in 100 times.  But I'm not doing any exercise tomorrow, so maybe that'll motivate me again.  It definitely helped me this morning, knowing that I didn't run yesterday. 
From my 11 miler on Sunday
In other news, I have ran more miles this month than last month.  Remember for March I was wanting to run 100 miles?  Well, this month (April) I ran 116.  =)  I don't know if I'm going to continue to try to best my monthly mileage, I can see how that would get really hard.  =)  But I'm happy to see my mileage up so high.  It's a nice thought . . .

Last week my weekly mileage was 29.5 miles, which is my highest weekly mileage (I did have one week higher, but I did 2 long runs that week and I don't count it.)  This week my mileage will be down.  I'm going to Spokane, WA for Bloomsday so I won't be doing a long run.  I'm walking the 12K (7.46 miles) with my sister.  I grew up in eastern WA but never went to see Bloomsday in person, so I'm kinda excited to see what it's like.  I've heard that there's a really killer hill, Doomsday Hill, so I am happy I'm walking this year to check it out.  Next year I really want to run it.  =)

2 comments:

  1. Geez Cathy you are an exercise Queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate getting out of bed in the morning but I LOVE early morning exercise. What a quaundry this puts me in! LOL

    ReplyDelete