Thursday, April 11, 2013

Date night

Tuesday I went to zumba.  It was the first time in a couple weeks that I had gone and every time I go after a break I always am glad I go.  It's so fun to me.  On my facebook page I commented on how I always feel cheated when I enter an hour of zumba into myfitnesspal.  Myfitnesspal says that an hour of zumba is 335 calories, and when I ran on Sunday for 65 min, it said over 800 calories.  A couple people commented on how they thought the 335 calories was too low.  I thought about it a while and decided that I didn't care.  I'd much rather have that number be estimated too low than too high.  Besides, zumba is my "rest" day, I do it because I enjoy it.  =)

Yesterday was Damian's first baseball game.  It was cold and very, very windy.  But for the first time in 8 years (D's been playing 8 years now) I remembered to bring all my cold weather stuff and my chair and blankets and everything to his first game.  I always forget something (usually hat, gloves and my warmest coat) and then freeze to death while watching.  

Maddox really enjoyed playing with his ball, but it got really late and he got really grumpy.  I think it was the cold combined with being hungry (we got him food, but he didn't want to eat because there was too much going on).  I think we finally left around 8pm (Maddox's bed time) and they didn't even finish the game.  D's team was ahead by 10 runs so they called it. 
I put Maddox's hands in his pockets and he thought that was cool.  He walked around awhile with his hands in his pockets, but he couldn't figure out how to get them back in when he finally took them out.  =)  He's a hard kid to take a picture of outside.  He is so into everything that I can never get him straight on.  I tried a couple times, but this was the best I got.  =)

Tonight is date night.  I have a date with my running shoes.  =) 
Because of D's game yesterday, I wasn't able to run, or do any exercise.  That means I haven't ran for 2 days and I just know that I need to go.  I'm really looking forward to it this afternoon. =)

I was going to get up and go to TRX this morning, but we didn't get home last night until 10pm (we had an hour drive and then had to stop at the store before going home).  I hadn't been home all day, so I wanted to sit and relax for a little bit before going to bed.  I finally forced myself to go to bed at 11pm, but that's way too late for me, especially if I'm going to get up early to go to TRX.  I enjoyed the class a couple weeks ago, but I hate that it's a morning class.  I am just not a morning person . . . well, I like mornings, but I hate waking up earlier than I have to for work.  I have the hardest time dragging myself out of bed if it's not for a screaming kid or need for money. 

One last thing and then I'm done.  =)  Remember yesterday's post about my weight gain last week?  Well, my efforts to be better this week seem to be paying off.  This morning I weighed 152.2.  Unfortunately it's not my actual weigh-in day (that's tomorrow), so I don't know if it will "stick."  I hope so, but knowing how I am, it will probably go back up to at least a 154. 

1 comment:

  1. Crossing my fingers for a GREAT 'official' weigh in!

    ReplyDelete