Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend long run and FMM

Since I rarely post on the weekends I always want to recap my weekend on Monday, especially if I do a long run, which I did this week.  But it's also Friend Makin' Monday, so my Monday posts have gotten kinda long, which I'm sorry for.  If you're a regular you can stop after my weekend recap, and if you're just visiting from FMM, you can skip down to that part if you want.  =)  Or you can all read it all, but I'm warning you, it's another long one.  =)  Any of the options are fine with me and I won't be offended if you skip some of it.

This weekend was just another weekend, which is a good thing.  I needed one of those.  It feels like I've been doing something every weekend since I got back from Disneyland, it was nice just to chill.  Saturday our new couch was delivered.  It is huge, but I love it.  =) 

Just let me point out the deceptive sun shining in from the windows on my couch before you read on. 

Saturday afternoon I was planning on running 10 miles.  I wore a long sleeved shirt, but it was a thin one and some long running pants, but again, they were thin.  I thought about putting a jacket on, but was talked out of it.  It wasn't raining at the moment and hadn't been for a little while so I figured I'd be fine.  As soon as I got out the door it started raining again and it progressively got harder until about mile 3 it was hailing.  I was cold, but I was okay, mostly.  Then it started hailing harder and it was sticking to my shirt.  I decided at mile 4 to not run 10 miles, but keep going.  I called Chris and asked him to bring me a new shirt and my jacket in a park about a mile and a half away.  I kept going.  I got to 4.41 miles and was freezing.  My socks were squishing in my shoes and I could wring the water out of my shirt, so I stopped, called Chris again and told him to just come get me, and bring towels.  I kept walking, mostly because I had no cover where I was and after what seemed like forever, Chris came.  I got in the car and guess what . . . the sun came out.  Oh well, I was freezing and soaked and just wanted to get in the shower, so I went home and figured I'd try again on Sunday.

Rain was predicted again on Sunday, but I was okay with that, I would just dress more appropriately.  =)  I did a warm up run around my block and decided that the jacket was too much for the sun that was trying to peak out around the clouds so I stopped at home and changed my shirt (I was wearing a short sleeved shirt under my jacket) grabbed my hat and was off.  I was so glad I changed clothes, the shirt I picked was perfect.  It did sprinkle a little, but nothing heavy.  I stopped at about 6.75 miles (where there was a bathroom) and took my first ever energy gels.  I was pleasantly surprised by the taste, not gross at all, and took a mouthful of water and kept going.  I was glad I took them when I did because I was a little sluggish right after taking them, but I felt much better a few min later. 

I reached 10 miles a little over half a mile from home, but I knew I would and planned to walk home to cool down.  I hate the walk home from a long run, I live on a busy street and it's uphill, and I sweat, a lot, so I felt like people were staring at my sweat soaked boobs and thinking I had to walk up the hill.  Oh well, I got home and stretched and showered and then laid around the house for the rest of the day.  =)
I had a better picture of me, but you can't
see my headband, so here's this one.  =)

Well, it is Monday, and that means Friend Makin' Monday.  =)
wpid-friend-makin-monday-for-post3-300x179.jpg

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Twenty Questions
 
1. Share something that you enjoy doing when you’re alone. reading a book, watching one of my many shows that the rest of my house doesn't like, running . . .

2. What do you plan to eat next? I'm not sure, I'm going to have lunch in 4 hours and I don't know what I'll be eating.

3. When did you first travel on a plane? Where did you go? When I was 18 I went to Colorado for a leadership conference that my Dad thought would be a good thing.  I enjoyed it and had a good time, but I'm really not much of a leader.  =)

4. Do you currently have a crush on someone? If so, share a few of the reasons why.   I love Chris and have for a long time.  =)

5. List one thing that disgusts you that probably wouldn’t bother someone else. the smell of lavender

6. If you could buy a new car tomorrow (and money was no object) what would you buy?  A Honda Pilot.  My parents have one and I love it.  I also want a Dodge Ram.

7. Who was the first person who broke your heart? A guy named Michael P.  (I dated 2 Michaels in high school).  He was also my first kiss and he kinda just disappeared after taking my watch.  He did end up coming back a few years later, and sadly I was a glutton for punishment because I still had the hugest crush on him, although we never officially dated again.

8. If you could spend the night with a celebrity tonight, who would it be?  I don't have anyone.

9. Are you a morning person or a night person? I have always been more of a night person, but I love getting up early now and being alone for an hour or so to drink my coffee and read or watch TV.  It rarely happens though.

10. What’s your favorite board game? I don't play many board games.  My family and I like to play Apples to Apples and another one I can't think of.

11. Can you play an instrument? If so, what do you play? I used to play the flute.

12. What is the last thing you ate? Oatmeal 

13. Do you wear a watch? Yes, I hate not having one on.  I like to know what time it is, not that I'm terribly busy, it just bothers me if I want to know the time and can't find a clock.

14. Do you go to church? I haven't been in a while.  I have been a faithful church attender since I was born, well, I skipped it most of the time in my 20's, but I'm still in the process of finding a new church and I just don't know where to go right now.

15. Do you ever wish on stars? I haven't for a long time

16. Have you ever been on a motorcycle? Yes…once.

17. What is the last thing you purchased? A workout shirt, hair gel and lemonade =)

18. How big is your bed? Queen

19. What size shoe do you wear? A 9, but a 9 1/2 in running shoes. 

20. What are you looking forward to most in the coming week? Friday?  There is nothing at all going on this week, so I have nothing exciting to look forward to. 

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment