Monday, April 1, 2013

FMM ~ Flashback!

I had a really great weekend this last weekend.  =)  It was beautiful outside.  On Saturday I went for a 9 mile run!  It was going to be a 7 mile run but I decided I could go farther.  I was going to do the same thing I did last weekend and go to the end of the trail, but I had taken a slightly longer variation of the same route at the beginning, so instead of it being 8 miles, it ended up being 9.  I did discover that if I am going to increase my distance I really need to figure out some fuel.  I started really lagging at about the 8 mile mark.  I just don't know what to take to fuel up, I would definitely want to take it before I get to 8 miles, so maybe somewhere around 6 or 7 miles.
 
Anyway, I pushed through the feeling of just being done and got to 9 miles.  I was about a half a mile from home so I had to walk the rest of the way, but I was okay with that because I figured it would be a good cool down. 
 
Interestingly, because I ended up doing 9 miles that meant I hit my 100 mile goal for March.  =)  It didn't hit me till later in the evening that I had actually done it.  I planned to run on Sunday, I was originally thinking I'd do 5 miles, then after my 9 mile run on Saturday I decided to run only 3 miles, sorta as a "rest/recovery" run.  However, Sunday came and I decided I didn't really want to run after all.  And since I had hit the 100 miles (100.55 to be exact) . . . I didn't go.
 
Instead, Chris got off work early (yes, he worked on Easter Sunday, he always has to-who wants cable installed on Easter?!?) so we spent the afternoon outside.  I was gardening (a fancy way of saying pulling weeds) when he got home so he helped me some with that.  After that we went for a walk and then hung out outside in the sun.  We bbqed chicken for dinner and generally had a really good day.  =) 
 
Maddox got a bubble gun from the Easter Bunny. =)


Damian decided to hide out in his tent since we
wouldn't let him sit inside.
Well, today is Monday and that means Friend Makin' Monday.  =)

wpid-friend-makin-monday-for-post3-300x179.jpg
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Childhood Flashbacks
 
1. Did you have a set bedtime as a child?  If so, what was it? I'm sure I did.  I have no idea what it was, probably 8 or 9.  We watched TV, different shows, like Growing Pains, The Crosby Show, Perfect Strangers . . . and so on, so I'm pretty sure we went to bed after they were on, which was probably 8-9pm.  =)

2. Were you taught to be a member of the “Clean Plate Club?” Did it have affect your eating habits as an adult?  I don't think my parents ever made us clean our plate, the biggest thing I remember is that we had to try everything, then if we didn't like it, we didn't have to eat it.  However, we weren't allowed to make a face if we didn't like it, it wasn't "polite," we had to just say we didn't care for it, if we made a face then we had to eat it all. 

3. Share one thing that you were not allowed to do as a child. I wasn't allowed to watch shows like "Dirty Dancing." I'm sure my Mom and Dad had no idea what it was about, but just the name was bad enough that it sounded "dirty" so it was not allowed.  I didn't watch that show until I was a teenager.  I remember seeing Pretty Woman at my volleyball coaches house for a volleyball slumber party in Jr. High.  I'm sure my parents would have been soooo mad if they had known what we watched, we also watched some horror movie, that I don't know the name to, the only horror movie I ever saw until a few years ago.

4. What is the cheapest gas price you can remember?  My parents are farmers and have had gas on their farm since before I was alive, so I never had to buy gas as a teenager.  The first time I had to get gas, I didn't have any idea what to do and had to have help, the person in the convience store laughed at me . . . When I was in college the Tri-Cities (Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland) had gas wars and the price of gas went really low, I think it was down to $0.90 at one point. That was really nice because it was about an hour from my parents house and I always had to get gas to finish the drive home. 

5. What was your favorite thing on the playground?  tetherball or hopscotch.  =)  I also loved to play soccer.

6. Share one thing that your parents always made you do that you didn’t like doing.  Take out the garbage.  Like I said above, my family are farmers, so we actually took our garbage behind the garage and burned it in a barrel.  I HATED going behind the garage, I'm afraid of the dark (still am) and was scared a coyote or wild dog was going to attack me, it didn't matter that no coyote or wild dog had ever attacked anyone before at my parents house.  I used to sing Jesus loves me so that I would feel calmer.

7. Do you remember your first kiss?  If so, share the details!  My first kiss . . . I was in 8th grade and I went on a church trip (overnight).  A boy joined our trip who wasn't a regular at my church and I guess we started "dating" on the trip.  Well, he french kissed me in the back of the church van on the way home.  And he stole my watch.  I really liked that watch.  =)  haha

8. Did you prefer to play inside or outside?  I was outside all the time in the summer.  We didn't get cable, we only had the network channels, CBS, NBC and ABC and PBS and the Christian channel through antenna.  We rode bikes, I loved climbing trees, and my parents had a pool, so I lived in the pool in the summer.  However, I did read a lot of books too.  =)

9. What was your favorite TV show growing up?  I think I liked Perfect Strangers the best. 

10. Share one awesome childhood memory.  The year my sister was a senior in high school (this is my second oldest sister who I am now good friends with) I was in 8th grade.  I don't really remember how or why we suddenly became close that year, but we did.  We had the most awesome water fight that started while we were brushing our teeth and ended up outside.  It was so fun.  =) 

Bonus: Share a picture of yourself as a child.  
about 1980, I was 3.

Tami, me, Nancy, Barbara sitting under my Dad's leg.
I loved doing this. =)


Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday. =)

1 comment:

  1. Weather is wonderful here too. We Aussies are heading into winter, so the temps have been dropping. I'm looking forward to more lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete