Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Monday =)

I know someone, she's my babysitter and I would say she's my friend, that is in a very verbally and mentally abusive relationship.  I finally talked her into going to the domestic violence place (DVSAS - Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services) to get some help.  When she came to my house today to watch Maddox I asked her how it went and she said she was really disappointed.  She said the lady asked a lot of questions and went over the same stuff her and I did.  She went away feeling worse, not better. 

I hate knowing that someone I care about is in an abusive relationship, and I hate it even more that she tried to get help and had a bad experience.  If a person in that situation has a bad experience, then of course they are not going to want to go back.  Verbal and mental abuse is harder for people to accept and say that they are being abused.  When you get hit, you can say "I was hit, and that is abused," but when you are constantly degraded and told you are worthless, you begin to believe that.  It gets in your head.  You don't feel like you are being abused because it's just words.  But it is abuse.  It is horrible.

I talked to someone at my work and was told the name of a person at the DVSAS who was helpful to someone else.  So I told my babysitter to go back and ask for that person.  She also wants counseling, so I am trying to get her into my work (it's a place for mental health counseling - mental health includes depression). 
                                                         

Anyway, I found my 5 mile run. =) I am super excited about it.  And it still incorporates my favorite part of my run, the cemetary.  Saturday I ran exactly 5 miles.  And I ran 9min/miles for 5 miles.  =)  That is awesome!  This route is much flatter than my go-to 4 miler route, and I believe the steep hills I was doing has really affected my speed when I run on flatter ground.  Yesterday I was going to run 5 1/2 miles (I figured that out too) but then we went to Goodwill and Michael's.  I had almost decided not to run.  At about 4:45pm I decided to just put my running clothes on and go.  At the part where I turn to go to my house in my "normal" run I can also go straight and add a little bit more to make it 5 1/2 miles, or go even farther to do 6 miles, I looked at my clock and noticed it was late and I still had to make dinner.  So I decided to go home instead of doing 5 1/2 miles.  Maybe tonight . . . maybe not.  =) 


When you pass a runner, while running, they smile at you.  Every once in a while I've had a person say "Good job, keep going" and I always wonder if they say that because I look like a beginner runner?  I've been running faithfully for almost 7 months now (including forced time off due to my hurt leg) and I still feel like a beginner in some ways.  But in others, I don't. 


I've posted this before, but it is good to say again.

Yesterday I was thinking about my first 4 mile run while I was running.  My shins were killing me and I decided to go uphill for an entire mile, towards the end of the run, which I still hate doing.  (Get the hill over with at the beginning, and then enjoy the downhill.)  =)  I did the same run a week later and did better, but still remember walking up most of that hill..  Thinking about that hill still has me doubt myself.  I don't know if I could do it.  It was a gradual hill that turns into a steep hill.  The whole hill is almost an entire mile.  One day I'm going to have to tackle it and see if I can do it, but not yet. 

On a good note, yesterday I did not stop to walk.  Yes, I still stop to walk a little on almost every run. No, I do not feel guilty about it.  Well, maybe a little.  Yesterday I knew I could do it, and I did.  I always stop and walk a few times, and one place in particular.  Yesterday I decided I was going to run to a certain spot farther than I normally do.  Then I got to that spot and thought "I can go farther" and I did.  And then I quit thinking about it and just did it.  I love it when I do that.  =)

This week I am going to go see Wicked in Seattle.  I am super excited about it.  =)  I am taking Thursday off because we have to go Wednesday night so that Chris can go too.  I have wanted to see Wicked for 6 years or so.  And I LOVE Seattle.  I worked there for 2 1/2 years, and I loved walking in Seattle, and the atmosphere.  I never thought I would say this, but I think inside I am a city-girl at heart.  I grew up on a farm, and I love the country, but there was just something about working in Seattle that I loved.  I thought that if it hadn't been for Damian I would have loved to have gotten a small apartment in downtown and just enjoyed living in the city.  However, Seattle schools are horrible, and I don't really want to raise my kids there.  Anyway, I am super excited to spend an evening in Seattle.  =)

I will have to do FMM later or tomorrow.  Time to work.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment