Thursday, October 4, 2012

Earn your downhill

Tuesday I went to zumba instead of running.  (I really, really enjoy zumba.)  I was standing in line when I saw a lady two people in front of me looking at me funny.  She looked kinda familiar so I stared back at her for a minute.  It finally dawned on me that I worked with her, so I smiled.  She continued to stare at me with a quizzical look so finally I said "Cathy."  She smiled and finally recognized me.  After we had both paid and were going to a spot, she said she had a block where she knew she knew me, but just didn't know how.  I have that same block all the time.  It's one of those things where you're so used to seeing someone in one particular spot that when you see them elsewhere you have no idea how you know them. 
I am not a very social person.  I don't do small talk well with people I don't know well.  And at work I am a little isolated from the rest of the people.  I (seriously) work in a storage room, there are 2 cubicles in the room, but they ran out of space in the main part of the building so they converted the storage room to cubicles.  I also work in a specific program that is not part of the main group of people, so I only work closely with one other person.  Needless to say, I don't mingle much with everyone else.  It takes me a long time to remember peoples names, because I don't talk to them much. I still have problems with one person that has worked here longer than my 2 1/2 years.  I think my co-workers sometimes forget about me, and probably don't remember my name either because we never talk.

Yesterday I went for a run.  It had been 3 days since I ran.  (Sounds like a confession.) =)  Sunday I "wogged" with Chris, but that isn't much of an exercise.  I went for 4.66 miles and enjoyed every minute of it.  The first part of my run is a very steep uphill, but in the middle of the steepest part there is a stoplight that I always have to stop for.  Yesterday, for the first time, I actually felt like I could have kept going without the little break.  Only once have I ever gotten to that stoplight and not had to stop for the light, of course I cursed the light at that time, but I did make it all the way to the top.

Whenever I go up a hill I always feel like I have to stop about the time I get to the very top.  However, a while ago I found a pin on Pinterest that said "earn your downhills."  Now I think about that every time I want to stop.  Downhill is easy, I need to earn it.  =)

Today is zumba, but I might run instead.  If I don't run today, then I'll only have 3 days of running.  I guess I could try to do both, but that is a lot of exercise for my poor old body.  (Remember, I'm turning old on Saturday.) 

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was just me! I do that all the time..see someone that I know..but can't figure out from where or even sometimes remember their name! Thought I was losing my mind!!LOL

    ReplyDelete