Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin fun

I had the craziest dream the other night.  I dreamed that I was in a school and there was a marathon.  They had already ran one (like there's normally more than one in a row), and I didn't participate.  Well, I decided I wanted to do it too so I started out.  The marathon route was inside the school down some stairs, up some stairs and in a big loop, and you had to do that over and over.  Well, after I started a really big black guy started running with me.  He had ran in the first marathon and wanted to encourage me.  I kept thinking about how badly I was going to hurt the next day because I didn't train for it, and I was doing all those stairs.  I stopped several times to rest and the guy would stop with me, I felt guilty because the guy had a really good time when he did it the first time and my time was going to be terrible.  Anyway, I woke up before I finished the marathon.  It was the night after I ran on the treadmill so maybe it was my brain saying that running on a treadmill is like running a big loop a million times.  =)  Or maybe because that same day I was thinking about running a half marathon . . . whatever it was, it was kind of a crazy dream.  =)

I have very, very vivid dreams.  I will often wake up and have to take a few min to remember that it was just a dream.  I don't always remember them for very long, but usually when I do remember them it takes a long time to forget.  It was really bad when I was pregnant with Maddox.  I was having 2 or 3 dreams a night that I was remembering. 
                                                                           

Tuesday I ran a little over 4 miles.  It was so windy.  I keep thinking that it is not an excuse, but it really is.  I hate running in the wind.  However, Monday proved to me that I hate running on the treadmill even more.  Maybe it would be different if it was a newer treadmill, but I have hated running on my parents' nicer one too.  I had a gym membership about 4 years ago and I loved going to the gym.  I would run on the treadmill and didn't think anything of it.  Now that I've had a taste of running outside, I don't think I want to go back to exclusive treadmill running. 

This Christmas time I'm I will be going to my parents' house for a week and I don't know if I will want to run outside there.  While there isn't always snow, it is usually colder there.  They have their treadmill, so I may just have to suck it up and run every day on the treadmill.  I guess we'll see how that goes once I get there.  :-)

Yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins (why else?). =)  Before moving to Mount Vernon, I had never been to a pumpkin patch.  I used to get a pumpkin or two from the store for Damian and myself and then we'd do very generic faces.  Once we moved up here, I saw a pumpkin patch very close to town and we went there the first year.  We've gone back every year since, and now I can't understand why other people even bother going to the store.  Pumpkin patches are so much fun.  It has definitely become a family tradition and I seriously love that Maddox will grow up going every year.  =)  The one that we go to has a growth chart . . . I don't know what else to call it . . . where the kids stand next to it and it tells you how tall you are.  When we first started going I did not take pictures of D.  He was 10 and I thought since we didn't start when he was little there was no point.  Now I'm wishing we had done it anyway.  We took one of Maddox at the chart last year and this year.  And I took one with D this year, which might have been the first year.  =( 

I will leave you with pictures from the pumpkin patch. =)






                                                               I am not sucking in my stomach at all.
                                                                  Amazing. =)


I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment