Tuesday, October 9, 2012

FMM ~ Inside your home

Do you remember Thursday when I said (and I quote) "The first part of my run is a very steep uphill, but in the middle of the steepest part there is a stoplight that I always have to stop for. Yesterday, for the first time, I actually felt like I could have kept going without the little break.?" Yeah . . . so on Thursday after work I went for my normal run, and guess what? the light that is always red when I get to it was green, I was dying, actually.  Not like Wednesday at all.  I didn't stop, however.  And then Friday came, and I went for the same run (well, actually I was aiming to go a little longer and ended up going almost 5 miles) and the same stupid stoplight that is always red, was green . . . again.  Rinse and repeat on Sunday.  I should never have opened my big mouth on Thursday.

So Friday's run . . . I ended up going 4.91 miles.  I was aiming to go about 4.5, and honestly, I don't know what I was thinking because I already added some time on my runs and on Wednesday that particular run was 4.66, so if you add a little bit of mileage to 4.66 you come out with more than 4.5. =)  Anyway, when I got home and saw that I had gone almost 5 miles I was surprised and realized that was why I was so exhausted. 

Yesterday we played tennis and I decided to run home from the park.  I do not have a reflector vest (I really need to get one) but I did buy some pepper spray a while ago.  I took the pepper spray, which was a little annoying to hold, but it does fit in my hand well, and put on the lightest colored shirt I own (well, I couldn't find the white one, so it was light blue).  I thought the run would be about 2 miles and after I started I felt like I was going fast.  Thinking about the route in my head I realized I would have no uphill (very unusual for me since I live in a very hilly area) and in fact would have mostly downhills.  So I decided to push myself and run fast the whole way.  Chris said he was going to stop and get cigarettes, so in my head I was racing them.  I got home, and of course I didn't beat them (they had even stopped at Damian's friends house to get his iPod that he dropped), but I ran a 9 min/mile. 8:59 min/mile to be exact.  The run was only 1.68 miles but I was dripping sweat by the time I got home.  I would like to do that every time we play tennis.  Maybe some day I can get down to an 8 min/mile.  =)
I love his morning hair. =)
I don't have a picture today, so I'll give you one of Maddox from this morning.  =)  He makes this face often.
                                                                                     

Yesterday was Friend Makin' Monday and I didn't post.  I started this post and only got through the first paragraph before having to do something productive (work). 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Inside Your Home


1. Do you live in an apartment/condo, townhouse or house?  House
2. What is your home’s coolest feature? The backyard.  It's extremely overgrown, but it has so much potential.  It's HUGE.

3.  Do you enjoy DIY projects?  If so, what are you working on now?  I do, but I'm not always great at finishing them.  We bought our house as a DIY, and we haven't done a whole lot to it after the first year.  I cross stitch and haven't finished the blanket I started for Maddox 2 years ago.

4. When using the dishwasher do you use powder detergent or liquid?  Powder, only because it's cheaper.  I always use Cascade and actually prefer liquid, but powder is cheaper . . . 

5. Do you have a TV in your bedroom?  Yes, I wish it was bigger =)

6.  Is your range gas or electric?  Electric.  

7.  How often do you sweep/mop/vacuum? I hate sweeping, vacuuming and mopping so I avoid it.  It's all supposed to be done once a week, but often sometimes I make Damian do it. 

8.  What is your favorite place to shop for home furniture and accents?  I like Target and Fred Meyer, I don't really shop at either much, Fred Meyer is a little pricey and they are both in another town.  Funny that I say that, because the other town is pretty much an extension of my town, the only thing separating the two is the Skagit River.  All stores, except Walmart and grocery stores are in the other town, but Freddies and Target are the farthest away. =)  The other town has the mall, and Costco, Target, Freddies, the outlet mall the theater, the nicer restaurants . . . you get the idea, my town is more residential.

9.  Do you decorate for holidays?  I do.  I love everything holidays, but I have very little decorations for any holiday other than Christmas.

10.  If you could have HGTV come in and redo one room in your home which room would you choose?  The kitchen, it's horrible.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to go to Kenlie's blog and link up in the comments.   

1 comment:

  1. I'm stopping by from FMM. Cute blog! I'm a fan of Target too.

    ReplyDelete