Saturday, March 24, 2012

This new thing

I did it, I took the plunge . . . I started a blog.  I thought about it a few years ago and didn't know how.  Then I stumbled onto this and here I am . . . Well, hopefully someone reads it.  :-)  Otherwise I'm just talking to myself. 

I started running a little over 4 weeks ago.  However, I have run in the past.  Starting in 6th grade where my PE teacher started training us for the end of the school run to the cemetery, which was up an extremely steep hill.  He got me into the town's Centennial Run, where I took first place for my age.  Then I did a Fun Run in the town next to us.  Fast forward 23 years and here I am, out of shape and trying to figure out this new world of running.

I have a 13 year old son and a 9 month old son.  My 13 yr old is extremely active in sports, baseball, wrestling and gymnastics currently, but he also plays soccer and basketball.

I'm thinking of posting my most recent journal entries.  Just because I started chronically my runs and such and I'd like to have them on here.  So I'll start with my first one, which was from March 18, last Sunday.  :-) Maybe it's lame a great idea. 

Went for a 4 mile run walk today.  Would have liked to have called it a run, but I think I walked more than I ran.  :-(  Took me 52 min, my 2 mile runs are about 22 min, so I added time . . . but like I said  I walked most of this "run."  In my defense there was a really long uphill part, all the way to Haggen and going down hill (which I'm not used to) really killed my shins, so even walking killed me for most of it.  Maybe next Sunday (I want to do this at least once a week) I'll walk down the hill and then run on the flatter parts. 
This week marks 3 full weeks of running.  So I haven't seen much difference, and I still feel like crap while running.  I hope it gets better soon.  I read that most people quit around week 4 and you don't see a difference until week 4, others don't see a difference until week 8 and acquaintances see a difference at week 12.  *sigh*

So I found this great website, Runs for Cookies and I spent most of the morning on it.  I want to lose weight, but I don't want to eat differently.  If I could just exercise a lot and lose weight, I'd be
happy, but that doesn't seem to work.  Like I said, I've been running for 3 weeks and haven't lost anything.  *sigh, means I'll have to change my eating.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment