Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Good and bad

I do not want to go running.  It's cold and starting to rain and (the worst) windy.  I hate the wind.  I think it stems from growing up on a wheat farm in e. WA and having dust storms if the wind blows. But I have to go running.  Friday (and possibly Sunday) is my rest day.  I guess I will go running, but I'm going to hate at least the first mile.  *sigh*  Not to mention, I'm extremely tired.  I was up very late last night (11pm is late?  that used to be the time I went out . . . sigh* I really am old).

So, the problem with losing weight getting fit (I'm not losing much weight) is my wedding ring is about to fall off my finger.  I guess that's a good problem to have, but it is very annoying and I'm afraid I'm going to lose it.  I don't want to get it sized  . . . just in case.
                                                                                 

 I went for my run.  It wasn't bad.  In fact, I shaved off  56 secs. 
yesterday's run
today's run
You notice that my average pace is better.  :-)  I wonder why my calories are down, since I worked harder because I ran faster.  Oh well.  I won't ever understand that stuff.  That's why I have an app for it. :-)

Yesterday I ran up the gradual incline to the "horrendous hill" and I told myself today I would run up half of HH.  I got up half of it and felt I could have run all the way up, but I stopped anyway because I told myself I was going to.  Isn't it interesting that self-talk can cause you to stop even though you know you can go farther?  I did turn around and take a couple pictures of the hill, to post on here, but I haven't looked at them yet.  Maybe I'll post them tomorrow.  I think I will try to run up HH tomorrow.  I could have done it today.  That's a whole 3 days earlier I planned.  :-)
                                                                              

I did so well on my run today and even started logging my food again.  And then Chris makes his mock enchiladas. These "enchiladas" bubble in grease after they're cooked.  It takes an entire block of cheddar cheese, and an entire family sized Nalley Chili can, with corn tortillas.  Then you put salsa and tortilla chips on top, I did put lettuce on it. :-)  But anyway, it is so good but such a bad, bad food choice. 

Last night we celebrated a friend's birthday since I'm going to be gone this weekend when she wanted to celebrate it. (This is why I was up late last night.)  I was terrible!  I counted the calories I ate yesterday and it was well over 3,000 . . . yes, I said 3,000.  Then I got home and remembered the cake (a very small piece) and ice cream and s'mores (only one) and glass of wine I forgot to add to my total.  I don't even think I want to know what the actual total was. . . a LOT.  I told myself I'd be good today and then Chris makes mock enchiladas for dinner.  *sigh*  Now I have to go add the recipe to sparkpeople to figure out the calories for that.  I'm sure it's 1500 in a small helping.  *SIGH*

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for going running! I'm like you...I hate to run in the wind and the rain (I'm down in the Portland, OR metro area). My gym has a track, which is a good back up. I don't love it, but it is better than the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind is the worst. It always seems to be a head wind and never a tail wind, even when turning around and heading the opposite direction. Unfortunately, I don't know of any gyms here with indoor tracks.

    ReplyDelete